Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone in Cornwall?
Stuart Walker

posted on 9/6/20 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone in Cornwall?

Hi all,

20 years after starting and just when I was starting to make some progress on the build, I've decided it would be fun to load it all onto a trailer and move it hundreds of miles again

So I'm wondering, is anyone in Cornwall building or driving something 7ish? Mine is an original book Locost, bought as a race project from Surrey, dismantled and restarted as a road car in North Yorkshire, then containered, finally moved to South Yorkshire, partially dismantled and restarted again, and finally to be moved to Cornwall (Gweek) in a couple of weeks time!

I just wondered if anyone down there has anything similar on the go?

Cheers,
Stu

[img]IM AG0265_BURST002 by Stuart Walker, on Flickr[/img]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mash

posted on 9/6/20 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
No, unfortunately, lovely part of the world. I always wanted to move there, managed to get as far as Dorset, but it looks like I won't make it the rest of the way

I have a similar story with my Indy, bought it about 4 years ago, drove it once, took it apart to rebuild, and am only just getting it near built now

rusty nuts

posted on 9/6/20 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
There was at least one other builder in Cornwall , he was a manager of a body shop but his name escapes me . There is or was a map of locosters somewhere on the forum
starterman

posted on 9/6/20 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Cornish and proud! I live in Pensilva and my business (Albaston Starters & Alternators) is in Callington. When possible you're more than welcome to pop round for a chat and a cuppa etc.

Nearly finished a Tiger Avon.

Cheers
Mike

spiderman

posted on 9/6/20 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
try this.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ie=UTF&msa=0&mid=1Z_6eGuPb2sWxHR_3IWHbb1jb0T8&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C27.736358500000016&z=1

Spider

Stuart Walker

posted on 9/6/20 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Ah excellent, cheers for the map link! Scotty and Boggle, you're going to be my new friends

Thanks Mike, that would be great. Always loved Tigers, the first time I realised there were other Sevens than Caterhams was when they did that two engine thing! Would be great to come and have a look when situation allows, and you're obviously very welcome in Gweek. I might well need your professional services too!

Cheers Mash, Dorset is lovely too! Brother in law lived in Weymouth (Osmington) for a bit and always lived visiting. How far off is the Indy? IVA this year?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.