Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I feel like having fun with this...
Mr Whippy

posted on 17/11/20 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
I feel like having fun with this...

So here's a weird one. About a year ago I became aware that a guy in Canada has the same name as me and his email in Gmail is almost identical except for him having a full stop in the middle which gmail far to often ignores. This means I get his emails, especially his dodgy orders. Todays is some Gelato Feminized Marijuana seeds... $169. 95 wow that seems expensive. Of course I have his address too and I was thinking wouldn't it be nice to book him in for some drug rehabilitation classes, maybe asking for help (subscription) from religious groups. There must be so many ways I can milk this, maybe even annoy him enough to change his email so I don't keep getting his crap emails...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 17/11/20 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
What a dreadful thing to do! I couldn't possibly condone such behaviour!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
steve m

posted on 17/11/20 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
I bet hes thinking the same with your email address,

Ive had some wicked thoughts with some of the information i have gleened over the years, and trust me one name i have info on, is VERY well known, i could write a book about them, or more, but a really close friend of mine, well, he was almost a brother, and i dont have one!, had got some incredible evidence, that i still have, yet it cost him his life, he committed suicide in 2014, and i mis my best friend incredibly

All because of the information he had.................................

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Irony

posted on 17/11/20 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
It's not exactly illegal to buy Marijuana seeds. There is a actually a shop far from me that sells them. They are for display and keepsake use only. If he was to germinate them however..............

Not sure how you sex a seed however???

Mr Whippy

posted on 17/11/20 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony

Not sure how you sex a seed however???

Never heard of it before either but from the link in the email -

Feminized Cannabis Seeds for Sale
If you don’t want to be concerned about having male plants in your cannabis garden, then a pack of feminized cannabis seeds would be your best option.

Feminized marijuana seeds are specially created to make sure that they will only grow into female plants. Unlike the male cannabis plants that produce seeds, female cannabis will only produce potent buds.

The cannabis seeds feminized version that we have for sale are guaranteed to grow female marijuana only. You can buy feminized seeds and our other high quality cannabis seeds online today and we will ship your order in the soonest time possible

So now you know.... I think I definitely need to book him on a rehab course.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 18/11/20 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
You don't share a similar email address, he's just using yours to order dodgy stuff where an email address is required. I assume you've changed password and are sure he's not actually logging into it?

Google does not in *any way* differentiate between a.b@gmail.com and ab@gmail.com, they are aliases of the same account. You can sign into both using the same password.

Bluemoon

posted on 18/11/20 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
You don't share a similar email address, he's just using yours to order dodgy stuff where an email address is required. I assume you've changed password and are sure he's not actually logging into it?

Google does not in *any way* differentiate between a.b@gmail.com and ab@gmail.com, they are aliases of the same account. You can sign into both using the same password.

Eck.. News to me, didn't realise the dot is in effect redundant... Every day is a school day..

russbost

posted on 18/11/20 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy

I had no idea that was the case!

But definitely confirmed here

https://support.google.com/mail/thread/9315629?hl=en

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Slater

posted on 18/11/20 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
code:

Mr Whippy, now that they have your e-mail address, the police drug squad will probably turn up at your door, as you'll be targeted as a suspect "weed" grower. You'd better come up with a suitable alibi. Plus you'll probably get a bunch of druggies turning up too looking for some "samples".

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

obfripper

posted on 18/11/20 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Stick your email address in this site, if it comes up as breached, change your passwords, including for any sites connected to your email.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Dave

HowardB

posted on 18/11/20 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by obfripper
Stick your email address in this site, if it comes up as breached, change your passwords, including for any sites connected to your email.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Dave

good shout

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

steve m

posted on 18/11/20 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Im a sceptical sod, i wouldnt put my email address anywhere near a "checking service" that would ring alarm bells, of being scammed !

Are you sure the strange emails are actually not just spam and the like, as we all get this crap stuff, and every day when checking my emails, i get stuff that is completely weird ranging from Breast enlargment to dodgy lawers in Nigeria want to give me 62 million pounds

i just stick them in the spam folder

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

cs3tcr

posted on 18/11/20 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
For a Canadian, it's not dodgy. We're allowed to grow our own crop, but we are limited to the number of plants.

But, I understand the email issue. I was getting job offers for NDT work in the North Sea, and an accepted offer on a house in Aberdeen all because someone had a very similar email to me. Somedays I wish I had accepted the job offers.

gremlin1234

posted on 18/11/20 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
another trick you can do with gmail addresses is add a suffix, so you can verify / sort incoming mail easily by using a plus sign.

ie
myname@gmail.com
can be extended to
myname+lcb@gmail.com

so anything to that address indicates who it is from. but still delivered to your inbox

obfripper

posted on 18/11/20 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
[quote][i]Originally posted by steve m[/i]
Im a sceptical sod, i wouldnt put my email address anywhere near a "checking service" that would ring alarm bells, of being scammed !

Are you sure the strange emails are actually not just spam and the like, as we all get this crap stuff, and every day when checking my emails, i get stuff that is completely weird ranging from Breast enlargment to dodgy lawers in Nigeria want to give me 62 million pounds

i just stick them in the spam folder

steve [/quote]

The site's safe, the author's is well known in software/cyber security circles and he uses the statistical data from the site to help highlight security issues and show people why reusing passwords is not a good idea.

There are some websites that use his api when new accounts are created, to block users from re-using hacked passwords, and also to block commonly used passwords (as most hackers use the common combinations from 500,000,000+ existing exploited passwords as a means of extracting other exploited but encrypted passwords, reducing the brute force decryption times from years to minutes.)

https://haveibeenpwned.com/About

If you know your email etc is out there, you can at least mitigate your details being used by changing passwords, enabling 2step verification etc.

Dave

[Edited on 18/11/20 by obfripper]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.