Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Legal BS
Mr Whippy

posted on 5/1/21 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Legal BS

Maybe I have been looking at spreadsheets too long today but I can't help thinking this could have been worded (the red bit) rather better...

Do I have to send them at letter to cancel 30 days prior to the final payment is due?

[Edited on 5/1/21 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 5/1/21 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
I read it as "you need to tell us (in writing) and you have a month from that point, to settle the bill".

[Edited on 5/1/21 by coyoteboy]

Theshed

posted on 5/1/21 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Surely it is 14 days to exercise the right of withdrawal and then 30 days to pay 'the amount of credit' (that being the money borrowed tobuy the car I assume). That is the standard cooling off period. So in short you need to tell them within 14 days if you have changed your mind and if you have repay them what you borrowed within 30 days.

If you have made all the payments I would look at other parts of the agreement to see what you might need to do

[Edited on 5/1/21 by Theshed]

jimmyd

posted on 5/1/21 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
14days to exercise your right to withdraw then 30days to repay the amount borrowed plus any daily interest in that 30day period.

Yeah do work for a finance company.

Mr Whippy

posted on 5/1/21 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. Yeah it's to end the finance and hand the car back half way through for something better. Good to have others eyes to sense check.

Cheers

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.