Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Heated waistcote
John G

posted on 19/1/21 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Heated waistcote

Just treated myself to a heated waistcoat, around £50 with battery. What a great bit of kit. I can spend hours in the workshop snug and warm. Worth a look at. Over 5 hours with one battery, 3 heat settings.
jacko

posted on 19/1/21 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
And where did you buy this from any links as I’m 64 it’s something I’m interested in
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
HowardB

posted on 19/1/21 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
links would be good - I was just looking at a m/c top for the same functionality,..

tia

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

John G

posted on 19/1/21 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
This is the one that I purchased
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LKWHN6X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the battery
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07R4YVBND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The waistcoat was on a deal on Saturday so shop around. The coat has three settings I have been in the garage all morning on the middle setting and still warm. The high setting would be great out in the car or spectating at a race meeting in the cold

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/1/21 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Now see that just looks too hot to be safe!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snapper

posted on 19/1/21 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John G
Just treated myself to a heated waistcoat, around £50 with battery. What a great bit of kit. I can spend hours in the workshop snug and warm. Worth a look at. Over 5 hours with one battery, 3 heat settings.

Just need heated pants and socks and I’m good to go...

An old Marconi radar development engineer told me that he was a motorcyclist from a young age as it was the only affordable transport, he was an apprentice in Chelmsford and family was in Yorkshire, with his knowledge of electronics he calculated the resistance of those huge circular resistors found in the 60’s and wired 4 into the electrics of his motorbike putting one each in gloves and boots, I am to this days impressed.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Irony

posted on 19/1/21 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Now see that just looks too hot to be safe!

Not convinced that battery is all its cracked up to be. Doesn't seem to have a pocket that'll fit

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.