Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Opinions wanted
MrFluffy

posted on 19/11/02 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
shell

Im with terry on this one since I dont have the entire rest of my life to finish this project (in amongst the zillion others on the go), although Im going to do some serious remodelling of the sideskirts and stuff..
Now if I could just find a *@#$ windscreen for it......

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spyderman

posted on 19/11/02 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
MrFluffy

Get in touch with Keith Stringer. He runs/helps run club nova. If he can't find one for sale I doubt anyone will unless you're lucky.
http://www.nova-international.net/home.htm

It might be worthwhile buying an abandoned kit to get the screen from. I've seen body shells going for less than screens.

Terry

Alan B

posted on 19/11/02 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Well OK....except you two
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ProjectSRP

posted on 19/11/02 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry I've allocated a year of my life to building the moulds. Can't say I am looking forward to it. I have helped with a canoe and some boat hulls in the past but a car is going to be a lot more tricky. I plan on getting the car running and track tested with the undertray fitted before I commit to the mould production. Hopefully if all goes well I will be at that stage by the start of next winter.
Alan B

posted on 19/11/02 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Reminds me of the old Spike Milligan joke.

"flying is safe, crashing is dangerous!"

Similarly, making moulds is quick and easy (relatively)....it's the plugs that are hard work....

Of course I knew what you meant..the whole plug/mould process.......still by the time you are at that stage you'll have a whole catalog of do's, dont's, oop's, and oh crap's to learn from....

It helps having done it before..I already knew what a dire, thankless task it was...

Good luck

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.