Board logo

vento V8 fuel tank
repper - 10/9/07 at 08:20 PM

hi guys
is the 9galon tank from luego worth the money or has any one sauced one from any wear else
jim

wilkingj - 13/9/07 at 01:18 PM

I have a 6 gallon one fron Luego in my V8 Viento. I usually do just over 100 miles then fill up. I just spend a lot of time in filling stations.
Mind you, I get to chat to the till girls and other customers. So a small tank has more social aspects than a larger one!

Also mine gives me more boot space.

I dont have a box in my rear section, I just use a cargo net and bungy cords. You can get an awful lot of gear stowed that way. ie tent, bedding etc. Ideal for Stoneleigh etc.

jollygreengiant - 13/9/07 at 04:06 PM

I shall be getting one made specially for mine, not sure what size hang on I'll just go and measure it..............
820mmx230mmx280mm

52,808,000cubic mm

52.8litre
=
11.61gallon

approx

hector - 13/9/07 at 08:12 PM

I also did the same as above had one made up locally with baffle plates and vent tubes, works out to approx 58 litres so get a good mileage range, all for the measly sum of £80-gotta b happy with that!!!!!
Was tight to get in position though, I made a plywood mock up one and gaffer taped it together to make sure it would go in.

cheers colin

repper - 13/9/07 at 08:40 PM

cheers guys
looks like ill be getting one made spoke to ben and wants £260 for a 9gallon with out baffles
hector please can i have the name off the ferm you used thanks
jim

hector - 16/9/07 at 07:43 PM

Hi
It was APS metalworks in Plymouth, will u2u u the number if you are still interested