Board logo

Dashboard dials advice
SteveWallace - 22/11/11 at 10:09 PM

I've got to the point where I need a full set of dashboard dials for my Viento/BMW build. I guess that my default thought is Smiths Gauges but they are not cheap. Are there any alternatives out there (I want a traditional looking set rather than a single digital unit) or does anyone know where I can go to get a good deal on Smiths?

regards
Steve

big-vee-twin - 22/11/11 at 10:20 PM

Where have you looked?

austin man - 22/11/11 at 10:24 PM

ETB do a good range and cheaper than smiths I believe

BKLOCO - 23/11/11 at 06:34 AM

Have a look HERE This is where I got my gauges. Really nice guy. Very helpful regarding senders and setting up the speedo accurately.

rusty nuts - 23/11/11 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
Have a look HERE This is where I got my gauges. Really nice guy. Very helpful regarding senders and setting up the speedo accurately.

Nice to see you are still about.

BKLOCO - 23/11/11 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO

Nice to see you are still about.

Sorry O/T
Still living in sunny Cyprus. Car is off road at present awaiting some upgrade work and a few minor repairs. Summer here tends to be too hot for open cars but Autumn and Spring are great.

Irony - 24/11/11 at 11:03 AM

Steve,

I to am looking for some gauges for my Viento. I really fancy the Smiths Flight range but there to pricey for me. A decent second hand set would be ideal but they get snapppppped up on here fast and ebay doesn't offer up much. I am/was thinking of going with a set from ETB as so many people have had good things to say about them.

wilkingj - 24/11/11 at 04:08 PM

Got mine from Greengauges (NO.. they are not Plumbs)

Linky

Pics in my archive somewhere.

blakep82 - 24/11/11 at 04:21 PM

RMD gauges, made by the same lot that make smiths, and are very good. eg, a speedo from rally design, about £80+vat

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/index.php?cPath=412_1824_1825&osCsid=4qsaeack6insq064d01r117un4

i got a speedo years ago, looks very nice. not actually got it installed yet though

Description
Description

SteveWallace - 24/11/11 at 09:11 PM

Thanks guys, that gives me plenty to ponder