Board logo

Desperately Seeking Viento
Sterillium - 19/5/16 at 01:41 PM

Hi all

I'm extremely keen to get into a kit car... Especially a V8 as I have a long history of enjoying TVRs.

I'm pretty sure my best chance at fitting in one is a Viento, as I'm 6'3" and with a 50 inch chest.

But they seem to be as rare as hen's teeth!

Anyone know of any for sale?

Irony - 19/5/16 at 02:37 PM

There not that rare and come up on eBay occasionally both in completed form and part built bargains. One was listed on eBay a couple of weeks back and the seller said that he'd seen good Vientos for sale at £15K . For that money you can have mine!!!!!! I think about 70-80 were produced but I am sure 30-40% of those are sitting in sheds as unfinished projects.

Sterillium - 19/5/16 at 02:46 PM

I can't believe I *just* missed one here too, I've only ever seen unfinished on eBay and although I'd love to build one I just don't have the time..!

Sterillium - 19/5/16 at 02:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
There not that rare and come up on eBay occasionally both in completed form and part built bargains. One was listed on eBay a couple of weeks back and the seller said that he'd seen good Vientos for sale at £15K . For that money you can have mine!!!!!! I think about 70-80 were produced but I am sure 30-40% of those are sitting in sheds as unfinished projects.

Yours looks fantastic!

I found a DAX Rush V8 but I don't think I'd fit in it. ☹️

BigFaceDave - 19/5/16 at 06:58 PM

Where abouts are you? I have one you could sit in to try for size. I've been toying with the idea of selling mine as I just don't have time but I kind of feel like it would be selling a leg or a kidney or my mother. But it's not finished so fortunately you won't be interested!

kenton - 19/5/16 at 09:36 PM

Yes where are you? Your welcome to see if you fit in mine too, Pass rides available if you like.
Mines not for sale either, I do approx 9k hard miles a year and still love the way it drives.
Kenton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mejP1GIT5FA

Sterillium - 20/5/16 at 06:46 AM

Video link appears dead for me...?

Kind offers, both. Thank you.

Unfortunately I'm in the depths of Devon.

Are either of you chaps too big for other kit cars? Am I right in thinking the Viento has more room than others?

Irony - 20/5/16 at 07:31 AM

A am 6ft and I felt I was sitting on other cars rather than in them. I wanted a V8 so a Viento was a no brainer for me. There is lots of room. I don't even have the drivers seat all the way back! Friend of mine on here has a BMW Viento and he looms over me at about 6ft 4 and he fits in it.

Sterillium - 20/5/16 at 07:59 AM

This is very encouraging!

Now I just need to find one...

SteveWallace - 20/5/16 at 08:08 AM

quote:
A am 6ft and I felt I was sitting on other cars rather than in them. I wanted a V8 so a Viento was a no brainer for me. There is lots of room. I don't even have the drivers seat all the way back! Friend of mine on here has a BMW Viento and he looms over me at about 6ft 4 and he fits in it.

I'm not quite as tall as Irony says (maybe I was wearing heals the last time he saw me ). However I am around 6ft 3 in shoes and fairly broad.

I had a ride in a Robin Hood and Viento when I was deciding what to build and the Viento was a much better fit. I can drive the smaller kits, but it feels like I'm sitting on them rather than in them and my right elbow wouldn't stand a chance in any sort of accident. With a Viento you feel like your in the car. You can also get very silly with engine choices if you want.

Some of the purists turn their noses up at Viento's because they aren't as small as a Matchbox car, but each to their own.

Sterillium - 20/5/16 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
quote:

I'm not quite as tall as Irony says (maybe I was wearing heals the last time he saw me ). However I am around 6ft 3 in shoes and fairly broad.

I had a ride in a Robin Hood and Viento when I was deciding what to build and the Viento was a much better fit. I can drive the smaller kits, but it feels like I'm sitting on them rather than in them and my right elbow wouldn't stand a chance in any sort of accident. With a Viento you feel like your in the car. You can also get very silly with engine choices if you want.

Some of the purists turn their noses up at Viento's because they aren't as small as a Matchbox car, but each to their own.

You sound a similar size to me; I'm around 6'3" with a 50 inch chest, so it can be snug. I tried a wide-bodied Westfield and it felt like I was wearing the car... I thought if I stood up quickly it'd just stay stuck to me like an undersized patio chair.

I'm not remotely interested in purists, I think Vientos look stunning and I want a light, fast, silly toy.

If any ever reappear for sale that is!

jollygreengiant - 21/5/16 at 04:28 PM

I (unfortunately, had to) sold mine at the beginning of the year. But, as a size indicator I'm 6Ft 4in in stocking feet, 46in chest and was 24st but down to 18st now. I had NO problems. I went for the Viento due to size considerations and had sat in quite a few other make but most of the time I was on them rather than in them.

edit bit. I believe that you can still buy a "new"chassis from Luego. But, don't hold me to that as I've not checked in a while. Here you go http://www.luegosportscars.com/5.html

[Edited on 21/5/16 by jollygreengiant]

rusty nuts - 21/5/16 at 04:59 PM

Clive you have u2u

jollygreengiant - 21/5/16 at 05:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Clive you have u2u

Do you mean Clive or Clive?.

David Jenkins - 21/5/16 at 05:26 PM

They are generous-sized - here's picture of a Viento alongside a Velocity, which is a 'normal-sized' seven.

Although they're big, they look right when apart their little brothers - their proportions are good. I know of one that was driven by an ex-member of this forum, and he was a BIG lad, but he had tons of room around him when he was driving. His had a Rover V8 in it, there was loads of room around the engine for maintenance, and it sounded lovely.

Sterillium - 21/5/16 at 08:07 PM

This is great news!

I'm sure I'll fit... Very pleased. Someone sell me a V8 quick, I've got the cash waiting.

rusty nuts - 22/5/16 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Clive you have u2u

Do you mean Clive or Clive?.

I meant Clive!

gaz_gaz - 22/5/16 at 09:04 AM

has this been sold?

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/114803209/luego-viento-v8.html

jollygreengiant - 22/5/16 at 09:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
has this been sold?

Absolutely no idea at all. I would suggest you contact them to find out.

gaz_gaz - 22/5/16 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
has this been sold?

Absolutely no idea at all. I would suggest you contact them to find out.

it was a question for the fella looking for a car.
more of a "have you seen this" kinda question in a round about way

Sterillium - 22/5/16 at 04:12 PM

The wording in that ad seems strange to me...

Something about it seems wrong - anyone here recognize the car?

I'm keen to buy a known quantity if possible.

Snuggs - 23/5/16 at 08:07 AM

I have one that I will be selling soon.

Looking for around £8k

It has a 4L Rover V8 with a unique injection system and a Megasquirt ecu.

U2U me if you are interested.

I am on holiday at the moment so may not get back to you quickly but there are quite a few people on this forum that know the car.

There are a couple of old photos in my archive but I will upload some more when I get home.

Clive

Sterillium - 23/5/16 at 08:18 AM

That looks great!

I wish I was closer - I'm many many miles away in darkest Devon.

I notice yours has a screen - are they easy to source / fit as I think I want one with a screen or I want to fit a screen to the one I get.

40inches - 23/5/16 at 08:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sterillium
That looks great!

It's a car, train up, drive back down

Sterillium - 23/5/16 at 08:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:
That looks great!

It's a car, train up, drive back down

Something I've done many many times.

But not ideal for viewings prior to buying.

rusty nuts - 23/5/16 at 07:22 PM

Clive's car is pretty well known at Stoneleigh and Newark , I'm sure there's photos of previous shows and of the injection system . I've ridden in his car, it's pretty well sorted

Sterillium - 23/5/16 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Clive's car is pretty well known at Stoneleigh and Newark , I'm sure there's photos of previous shows and of the injection system . I've ridden in his car, it's pretty well sorted

The yellow one?

rusty nuts - 23/5/16 at 07:49 PM

Yes .

Sterillium - 25/5/16 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Yes .

Clive's yellow one looks fantastic. Looking forward to some photos when he's back from holidays.

Luego.2.0 - 26/5/16 at 12:23 PM

I could be persuaded to sell mine for the right price. It's not a :8 though.

Sterillium - 26/5/16 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Luego.2.0

I could be persuaded to sell mine for the right price. It's not a :8 though.

Gotta be a V8 for me I'm afraid, I miss the rumble!

Sterillium - 31/5/16 at 08:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kenton
Yes where are you? Your welcome to see if you fit in mine too, Pass rides available if you like.
Mines not for sale either, I do approx 9k hard miles a year and still love the way it drives.
Kenton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mejP1GIT5FA

Are using yours as s daily driver?

Do many people do this?

I'd like to get wet weather gear / tonneau cover for mine and possibly some kind of luggage rack too, to go touring in it... I used to use a TVR as my daily driver, but even that kept most of the rain out

^^^ Any advice on sourcing these bits anyone?

Snuggs - 31/5/16 at 05:37 PM

Pics

rusty nuts - 31/5/16 at 05:59 PM

That shirt is nearly as loud as your exhausts

Sterillium - 31/5/16 at 06:13 PM

That looks fantastic - the engine looks like a beast.

I like the screen, with wipers too!? > is it possible to get wet weather / tonneau kit for these?

And a radio, can you hear the radio?

rusty nuts - 2/6/16 at 05:30 PM

I modified a hood frame that I brought off eBay then had a local car upholsterer make a hood to suit , still can't hear a radio though

matt5964 - 3/6/16 at 09:35 PM

This is up on eBay 272262131743

Don't know anything about this one though

Sterillium - 4/6/16 at 03:22 PM

That's interesting.

Also, can anyone tell me the nose to tail and wheel to wheel size of a Viento.

Sterillium - 16/6/16 at 06:46 PM

Me again...

Currently lookin at a Viento with a 5.7l Chevy in it... Anyone know anything I should be aware of with that kind of engine? I wonder about cooling... Especially as I'm trying to get a Viento useable as daily driver.

ALSO!

Are bonnets still available anywhere?

And where is a good place to get bonnet vents?

jollygreengiant - 16/6/16 at 07:33 PM

quote:
Me again...

Currently lookin at a Viento with a 5.7l Chevy in it... Anyone know anything I should be aware of with that kind of engine? I wonder about cooling... Especially as I'm trying to get a Viento useable as daily driver.

ALSO!
Are bonnets still available anywhere?

And where is a good place to get bonnet vents?

Bonnets should be available from Luego. (Or find a friend that could either make one or make a Fibre Glass mould of one. )

I got my bonnet vents off of a passing Metro, but others are available. Edit bit : have a nose in my archive

[Edited on 16/6/16 by jollygreengiant]

Sterillium - 16/6/16 at 07:36 PM

I had no idea Luego were still trading?

No idea why I thought they weren't!

jollygreengiant - 16/6/16 at 07:38 PM

quote:
I had no idea Luego were still trading?

No idea why I thought they weren't!

They are up in Scotland

Here you go linky link click here

SteveWallace - 16/6/16 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Me again...

Its not in the Gulf pale blue colours is it? If so, it sounds like Luego's demonstrator car that they used to take to shows.

If your going to use a Viento with a 5.7l Chevy engine in it as a daily driver, be very careful in the wet as it will need a very light touch to avoid spinning the rear wheels and ending up in a hedge. First gear will be for novelty value only.

rusty nuts - 16/6/16 at 08:07 PM

I believe there is an older Chevy engined Viento somewhere near Huntingdon/Peterborough

Irony - 16/6/16 at 10:20 PM

I am well pleased with the first gear in my RV8 viento. I thought it would be rubbish and far to short. But it's really useable. I don't know what the diff ratio is in a Range Rover but my ford one must be a bit higher. Another gear from cruising would be nice though.

SCAR - 17/6/16 at 04:23 PM

Didn't bother with first in my rv8 Viento (as advised by previous owner) other than when parking.

Sterillium - 6/11/16 at 05:49 PM

Argh...

I still haven't found my wheels.

I've been in and out of hospital this year and it really gets in the way of car shopping.

I wish I'd just bought the one I was looking at sight unseen but I was hoping to get out there and road test it... now sold.

Anyone know of any others potentially up for grabs? (Has to be a V8... I'm addicted to rumbles, pops and bangs).

rusty nuts - 6/11/16 at 06:37 PM

AFAIK Clive still has his Viento ? Not an awful amount of money for what it is. If you can't find a V8 buy a 4 cylinder car and convert it

Irony - 7/11/16 at 10:26 AM

Theres no hurry, just sorned mine!

There has been a few on eBay in the last few months. A partially built one came up with a american V8 not long ago. Do you have a search saved that will email you when one pops up?

I constantly keep an eye out on ebay as I am interested in the value of my own. I have seen two go for over 10K in the last few months. One in particular was on eBay with a Buy It Now for £15K, I don't know what he let it go for though.

Now is the time to buy though, prices seem to dip buy 20-40% at this time of year.

[Edited on 7/11/16 by Irony]

Sterillium - 7/11/16 at 01:08 PM

quote:
There has been a few on eBay in the last few months. A partially built one came up with a american V8 not long ago. Do you have a search saved that will email you when one pops up?

I was interested in the yellow one, but missed out for health reasons. Saw the partially built one too, but I really want one ready to roll, ready for crisp winter morning blasts...

Sterillium - 15/12/16 at 11:01 AM

Hens teeth!

And to think I had the chance to buy two in Summer and missed both.

Gutted.

rusty nuts - 15/12/16 at 07:05 PM

Has Clive sold his? I know he wasn't desperate to sell

kenton - 15/12/16 at 09:23 PM

I "may" sell mine next year. Not decided yet. Its this one

Built by myself and its been faultless.
New 4.6 V8 developments RV8, recon lt77. recon 3.14 lsd. Emerald k6 ecu
Full softbits wet weather gear inculding tonneau cover.
No expense spared in its upkeep.
I've a European roadtrip booked for May then I'll decide.
Why am I considering selling? Well I have a Seight which is coming on my annual trip to the Alps in July and I dont really need 2 sevens.
Kenton

[Edited on 15/12/16 by kenton]

Sterillium - 20/12/16 at 08:55 PM

What would you likely be asking?

rusty nuts - 9/1/17 at 08:28 PM

There is a Viento on evil bay at the moment for £5700

Sterillium - 9/1/17 at 08:35 PM

quote:
There is a Viento on evil bay at the moment for £5700

Yeah, that unfinished one with a Ford V8..? I really need one ready to roll.

In fact I want that red one up there!!! ^^^

jeffw - 9/1/17 at 09:21 PM

Has been used as a recovery truck for broken normal 7s on occasions....

Sterillium - 9/1/17 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Has been used as a recovery truck for broken normal 7s on occasions....

B33fy - 10/1/17 at 01:31 AM

You could do a lot worse than the red one, a great car, no expense spared and well looked after. If mine is half as reliable as Kentons, I'd be extremely happy. Top genuine bloke as well, I've no doubt the car will be heading your way in due course.

(K, thats another full english you owe me for all the lies...)

SCAR - 10/1/17 at 09:20 AM

Interesting to know what that would be worth if put up for sale £12 - £14k ?

Jeano - 10/1/17 at 10:09 AM

Try Dax Rush with standard Seats, they have an adjustable pedal box and have large seats.

Sterillium - 4/2/17 at 06:18 PM

Still hunting... determined.

Sterillium - 13/2/17 at 11:32 AM

If anyone knows of any Vientos for sale - or coming up for sale, I would be very interested in knowing.

Sterillium - 29/3/17 at 05:33 PM

I now have a V8 Viento in my garage...

Typically it's raining.

Andybarbet - 29/3/17 at 06:33 PM

It didn't happen without pictures :-)

Sterillium - 29/3/17 at 09:49 PM

Bit dirty but tucked up in it's new home...

jollygreengiant - 4/4/17 at 07:24 PM

Sorry, Lethal Weapon moment, "But, ............. It's Blick".

Sterillium - 4/4/17 at 07:47 PM

Blick and loud.

Irony - 5/4/17 at 08:25 AM

Where did you get it from?

Sterillium - 5/4/17 at 11:04 AM

A nice chap in the Nottingham area.

matt5964 - 17/4/17 at 07:18 AM

Selling all ready ?

Sterillium - 17/4/17 at 09:21 AM

Absolutely gutted. But yes, testing the waters at least.

Serves me right for not test driving it I guess, but my damaged knee just cannot cope with the "straight legged" driving position.

I went for a drive on Saturday and ended up stuck in the car unable to bend my left leg.

Very fed up.