Ninehigh - 23/2/12 at 07:21 PM

Well I guess that's how close they dare go

I like the comment "if he had smaller balls he would have made it"

woolly - 23/2/12 at 09:07 PM

is that called a touch and go

HowardB - 23/2/12 at 09:16 PM

that is not good, it's scary!

David Jenkins - 23/2/12 at 09:59 PM

Reading an article by the bloke, he said that he was trying to catch the black balloon with his toe as he went past - the balloon that was fixed directly to the rock *without* a significant length of string - at 120mph on a steep glide path...

He's very lucky to have enough brain power left after the impact to pull his chute, even though it didn't have enough time to deploy fully, leaving him with a heavy landing. Without that chute he'd have been spread over the rocks like jam...

Another few views here.

Stott - 23/2/12 at 10:11 PM

He looks like a flying goth in that suit, lol

RK - 24/2/12 at 01:33 PM

I would think jumping in front of a bus would be slightly more efficient. If you want fame, get someone else to film.

snakebelly - 24/2/12 at 01:49 PM

wonder how much the rescue cost the taxpayer? Little or no sympathy here im afraid

Ivan - 24/2/12 at 02:25 PM

That happened in Cape Town - the authorities debated fining him the costs as he had been denied permission to jump but decided against it.

Ninehigh - 24/2/12 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ivan
That happened in Cape Town - the authorities debated fining him the costs as he had been denied permission to jump but decided against it.

I can see that in the council offices round here

"So, you're planning on jumping off a cliff and flying around in a squirrel suit. Which is basically a small wing. There's a high risk of injury and death. I think we're going to say no"