Board logo

Is stoneleigh worth a visit?
number-1 - 1/5/18 at 06:25 PM

Stoneleigh kit car show.....is it worth going? Any deals to be had? I go to the MCN bike shows and they are hit and miss and dont want to waste a day if its similar.

N1

Sam_68 - 1/5/18 at 06:35 PM

Difficult to say, without knowing what your interests are, how well you know the kit car market, how far you would be traveling, etc.

It's dead in the water, compared to its glory days, so I only bother going once every two or three years where I used to attend two or three shows a year, every year. But if you've not been before, there's only one way to find out?

number-1 - 1/5/18 at 06:41 PM

Fair enough. My main interest is whatever i have in the garage but would be good to get some advice, inspiration and maybe some parts.

snapper - 1/5/18 at 06:41 PM

It is the biggest kit car show left, if you want it to keep going you have to go

number-1 - 1/5/18 at 06:50 PM

I will be going sunday and see what its all about. Does anyone know if MK Engineering are there?

Browny - 1/5/18 at 07:31 PM

MK Engineering are away racing this weekend. MK Sportscars / Kit car direct usually have a stand. If you are after Martin at MK Eng, best to ring him.

jossey - 1/5/18 at 08:46 PM

Great for camping over and meeting great friends.

ianhurley20 - 1/5/18 at 09:14 PM

I would say if you have to ask this question on this forum then don't go

James24785 - 1/5/18 at 09:27 PM

I'll be there on the Sunday. Wont be in my Zero though
Second time for me. First was a fair few years ago though so I cant really remember it

steve m - 1/5/18 at 09:38 PM

Stonleigh, years ago was the biggest, show, not my fav, but VERY big show, and doubt you could walk round it in one day,
Donnington 1999 was my first, and defo a good one, yet 2000 and 2001? not so good
Newark, was a big fav of mine 2000, 2001 and 2002? but no longer
Exeter, 1999 2000 2001 2002 ? was a good last of year show, but no longer

So, my recommendations would be to go to Stonleigh, as with out this show, the Kit car fraternity will die

Just go, you wont regret it, plus we need the help !

well I don't, as I didn't by a kit car

steve

number-1 - 2/5/18 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ianhurley20
I would say if you have to ask this question on this forum then don't go

Asking if its value for money on parts or merchandise if i go......on a Locost forum? I think its an ideal question to ask

jps - 2/5/18 at 09:52 AM

I found it useful simply because of the amount of cars you get to have a very good look at - to get ideas about how to do things for my own car.

I did not buy anything when I went, largely because I had not done enough shopping around in advance to know whether the prices there were good or not. I'm always cautious of things that are presented as a 'bargain' if I haven't checked to make sure they really are!

number-1 - 2/5/18 at 10:02 AM

I totally agree with you on that. Seeing finished cars can give me the motivation to get mine done. However, every day ive had off this year has either snowed or rained so hopefully they sell gazebos as i cant work on mine in the garage as its a crappy pre fab concrete one with no power or light!

I know roughly what i need and have a few prices so hopefully it will be a worthwhile visit.

andy188 - 2/5/18 at 11:11 AM

you will never find anything like it, the enjoyment wether wet or dry, does not matter, the place, the people are what its all about.

yes there will be bargins, but these meets keep us all going, great crowd, get up there and have a great time, its not just about the sale of cars or parts, its what the whole kitcar seen is about, chatting, chilling, getting ideas, others opinions, etc, seeing new ideas, etc etc.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 2/5/18 at 12:54 PM

Well said Andy see you on Sunday

andy188 - 2/5/18 at 07:36 PM

thanks Ian, see u sunday am, not sure on how many cars comming up yet, 1 in for Mot tomorow, max will be 4, 3 kits, 1 road car, thanks for the parking spots etc.

AdrianH - 3/5/18 at 06:22 AM

I take it the locost area is still there for those of us not in a club as such?

Adrian

40inches - 3/5/18 at 07:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
I take it the locost area is still there for those of us not in a club as such?

Adrian

https://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=212169