Board logo

750mc question
tcr - 7/9/12 at 05:54 PM

hi all i competed in sprints and hillclimbs a few years ago but an accident last year has left me with very limited use of my clutch foot basically it is far too painfull to press the pedal , this has left me regretting not doing the things i could have when i could.
i want to do a season circuit racing and love the friendly atmosphere of the 750 mc , although i can and do drive the mk midi zx10 i dont want to enter into the bike engined classes .
what i want to know is are there any classes where specially modified cars ie sequential boxes with flat shifters could be allowed ?
thanks matt

[Edited on 7/9/12 by tcr]

amalyos - 7/9/12 at 06:18 PM

You didn't make it clear if you were changing the engine or if you wanted to run the car with the bike engine in a different class, but the only classes that allow bike engines are RGB and Bike sports. You can't run a bike engine in the Kit car class.

tcr - 7/9/12 at 06:28 PM

sorry forgot to say i was thinking of a totally different car with a car engine

BobM - 7/9/12 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tcri dont want to enter into the bike engined classes .

Why?

Do you currently run with a hand operated clutch Matt?

tcr - 7/9/12 at 08:56 PM

no it was more about not biting off more than i could chew so to speak .

procomp - 8/9/12 at 12:12 PM

Hi

Sports specials / Kitcars Class D ( Not sure what that class will be called next year ) allows most things. There's already a Tiger with a sequential dog box running in the sports specials. That as far as i know will be in the class D next year As it's a kind off catch all type class.

IF interested U2U me and ill pass your details on to the formula rep for sports specials who will contact you by phone / email Etc.

Cheers Matt

tcr - 9/9/12 at 07:24 PM

cheers matt it wont be next season as iv still got another year to go till im recovered enough to race , is the sports secials manly kitcars ?