Board logo

World Rally X
LBMEFM - 26/5/17 at 07:17 PM

Once again Lydden Hill plays host to the UK round of the World Rally X series this weekend, this is the last one at the home of Rally X as will be held at the incredibly tedious Silverstone next year. weather looks good, is anybody from here going?

bi22le - 26/5/17 at 07:46 PM

I wish!

I looked for dates the moment I heard this is the last one but it is my daughters 4th birthday party tomorrow and I have a uni deadline on Tuesday, so its not going to happen.

I really think I am going to miss out on history. Rally x has not been so spectacular and popular since the 90s and proper small scale grassroots tracks wont get a sniff untill the motorsport fat cats have bled it dry again.

Have fun and soak up the occasion. Lydden Hill is a strange place, but very fun.

Interesting fact - my 1st ever track day was at Lydden Hill.

LBMEFM - 27/5/17 at 05:27 AM

That's a shame bi22le, I am really looking forward to it, totally agree with you with regards to the fat cats, there is still the British championship though . Unfortunately, track days are also rare this year at Lydden with one in June I can't make and another on a Wednesday in July and the next in September but I shall will probably do them. have a great party.

My interesting fact: I was present at the very first Rally X meeting in 1967 at the age of 14.