Board logo

Wanted if poss dxf 3 hole Zetec RS Exhaust flange
AdrianH - 22/9/16 at 07:46 PM

I am running up a Zetec engine in a frame to check all is OK and to allow me to sort things out with it, I will need to silence the engine and have on the way one of these exhaust manifolds
Zetec flange
Zetec flange

Does anyone please have a drawing, dxf if possible for the 3 hole flange as in the above picture so I can bolt on a bit of home made tubing?

Cheers

Adrian

chris_smith - 22/9/16 at 07:55 PM

Can't help with the dxf but it would be great to pop round and have a catch up, must be 6 or 7 yrs since I last came to see you? Seeing your roadster will give me a kick too

AdrianH - 22/9/16 at 08:21 PM

Hi Chris

I am at home tomorrow if you wish, this old git is part time now.
Although I guess you will be at work Saturday is OK if you want.?

Adrian

chris_smith - 22/9/16 at 08:34 PM

might get some free time tomorrow afternoon, failing that saturday is fine, ill be going unit early as im throwing every spare hour into the new build so could make a detour to yours on route, message me your address as ill never remember it lol

coozer - 22/9/16 at 09:45 PM

Find another one the same and cut the flange off?

I've got one lying on the floor but its cast and a totally different shape!

madteg - 23/9/16 at 07:58 AM

Take gasket into laser cutters and they will cut you one any thickness

mcerd1 - 23/9/16 at 12:15 PM

post a sketch of the dimensions and I'm sure one of us could turn that into a dxf for you

you could make a paper template / impression of the flange - then scan it and add a couple of check dimensions in different directions
or you could even just scan the gasket

if it was me I'd then print a paper version of the dxf to check against the manifold to see how accurate it ended up (or send you a 1:1 pdf to print yourself)

[Edited on 23/9/2016 by mcerd1]

AdrianH - 23/9/16 at 03:23 PM

Well I kept on looking on the internet and found something in the early hours which was just an image file, I did not have the manifold or any gasket.., this Morning I went off and picked up the manifold rather then wait for post so at least had that. Did a drawing in cad, printed, lager by 3mm then real life for some reason.

Anyway checked roughly OK. Used my home made cnc plasma cutter to cut out a flange in 8mm plate, drilled a few holes, stuck a bit of Stainless tube in there to extend lower and give me a chance to fit some bends etc when needed.

Lot of faffing about but here we have it.

Phone pics so a bit poor quality.

flamge1
flamge1

flange2
flange2

Stuck on with exhaust paste in the middle, no gasket as said.

Adrian