Board logo

Engineered Art
martylemoo - 28/3/14 at 10:57 AM

This looks interesting and I thought it would be worth sharing.

A Chap I know has been drawing up some customised blueprint artwork for a couple of guys in our local club, seems like a pretty cool idea!

This is copied off his Kickstarter page:

"My 'Engineered Art' idea is bespoke blueprint artwork which incorporates all of the things that make your car personal to you, ranging from the registration mark and VIN numbers, to the detailed technical specification and visual appearance of a heavily tuned competition car."

"Once completed from the information (and photographs if required) submitted by you, the designs are laser cut into black anodised aluminium display plaques, which can be wall hung without a frame using the included hanging kit, like this:"

They'd look awesome on the wall in the man cave!

He's running a Kickstarter project to raise enough funds to purchase the laser machine used to cut them into the metal. If you're not familiar with Kickstarter it's basically taking pre-orders for his work, you 'purchase' a piece but it only takes any money at the end of the project IF the target is met. Seems like a pretty cool idea in it's own right actually!

You can check out the Kickstarter page here: http://kck.st/1gCfBKz

He's also got a Facebook page if you want to ask any specific questions: www.facebook.com/blackartgraphics

Cheers

Dan

Nash - 28/3/14 at 11:13 AM

Like that. Like that a lot.

coyoteboy - 28/3/14 at 04:11 PM

They are nice. A little pricey currently, but if they came down to ~50-60ish I'd be tempted but that probably wouldn't be a fair value. It's a tenners worth of materials and a 5K laser etch machine, the bulk of the price is going in the prep time for the drawings, which takes some skill.

martylemoo - 28/3/14 at 04:13 PM

Some Locosts

martylemoo - 28/3/14 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
They are nice. A little pricey currently, but if they came down to ~50-60ish I'd be tempted but that probably wouldn't be a fair value. It's a tenners worth of materials and a 5K laser etch machine, the bulk of the price is going in the prep time for the drawings, which takes some skill.

You're right. He should probably do them for nothing, just a favour to the world. He'll probably do you 2 for £10 and hand deliver them as the courier will only be ripping you off as well.

I'll ask him.

steveiow - 28/3/14 at 08:36 PM

These are fantastic and the quality is superb. A great product worth every penny, created by one of the nicest blokes I have the pleasure of knowing.

I am certain that anyone purchasing will be 100% satisfied.

AdrianH - 28/3/14 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martylemoo
quote:

You're right. He should probably do them for nothing, just a favour to the world. He'll probably do you 2 for £10 and hand deliver them as the courier will only be ripping you off as well.

I'll ask him.

I must have read his response different to you as, I did not see it a negative on price just an acknowledgement of the required time and skill

Adrian

bi22le - 28/3/14 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
quote:
Originally posted by martylemoo
quote:

I'll ask him.

I must have read his response different to you as, I did not see it a negative on price just an acknowledgement of the required time and skill

Adrian

But if he is going to ask anyway, ill get one on the cheap and hand delivered. Heck I may even make him a tea for his trouble!

(nice work by the way)

coyoteboy - 29/3/14 at 12:11 AM

quote:

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, yes you got it, seems it didn't quite come across as intended! It's out of my price range for a bit of wall niceness (of little intrinsic value), but it's a lovely product and takes a decent amount of skill and time to make. But let's not let that stand in the way of a good bit of sarcasm eh!

IT's amazing how touchy some people can be.

[Edited on 29/3/14 by coyoteboy]