Board logo

Westfield MT75 Gear Linkage...will it fit?
PaulM - 13/11/15 at 10:25 AM

Will one of these fit a MK Indy?

Link to part HERE

Chaz - 13/11/15 at 12:41 PM

You're looking at the same stuff as me at the moment. I'm looking for a quick shift too but I think you have found the most expensive option yet!

Will it fit? I had real difficulty disconnecting and removing the standard mt75 shifter out with the g/box still installed. The one you're looking at looks like its a bit wider than the standard model.

Have you chopped the brace in the trans tunnel at the top. I had to to get the standard gear linkage in.

I'm planning on cutting and welding the original to make it shift quicker - i'll let you know how i get on.

PaulM - 13/11/15 at 12:57 PM

I'm planning on pulling the engine and box out soon, so that should make it easier. I'm bothered about where the gearshift itself will sit and if the gear stick will be too close to the dash. The one that is fitted at the moment (I didn't build it) has a very sharp bend in teh stick to make it miss the dash, so I'm hoping this would be longer avoiding the issuse...hopefully!

I've managed to pick up a second hand one that hasn't been fitted yet.

cr500dom - 16/11/15 at 12:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PaulM
I'm planning on pulling the engine and box out soon, so that should make it easier. I'm bothered about where the gearshift itself will sit and if the gear stick will be too close to the dash. The one that is fitted at the moment (I didn't build it) has a very sharp bend in teh stick to make it miss the dash, so I'm hoping this would be longer avoiding the issuse...hopefully!

I've managed to pick up a second hand one that hasn't been fitted yet.

would you be prepared to take some measurements off it for me ?
I want to modify the linkage in mine so would like to know the lever length and effective pivot position relative to the lower connection if possible ?

Many thanks
Dom

jambojeef - 16/11/15 at 07:14 PM

Ditto!

Those dims would be helpful to me too

Geoff

PaulM - 17/11/15 at 10:33 PM

It's a pretty crude diagram but hopefully of use!?

[Edited on 17/11/15 by PaulM]

[Edited on 17/11/15 by PaulM]

jambojeef - 18/11/15 at 03:06 AM

THAts really helpful to me - thank you very much

GEoff

cr500dom - 22/12/15 at 01:17 PM

That's great thank you