Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Race Seats
procomp

posted on 4/4/11 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve and the lads.

That's an absolutely brilliant job. Looks like you followed the instructions ( Verbal ) to the letter.
And great to hear your test day went so well. Got me a bit worried ill be one more position back on the grid this year.

Cheers Matt

PS. A great write up with many helpful pics.

[Edited on 4/4/11 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
modee

posted on 5/4/11 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. Excellent job and description. My only worry would be with the clamp bar for the crutch straps. If it frays the strap the scruts would make you replace it and as all parts of a seat belt set must have matching FIA info and expiry dates you could end up having to replace the lot. A bit of rubber (fuel pipe) along the edge should do the job. Have a good season. Maurice.
steveiow

posted on 5/4/11 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with the wrong type of bar being used it would be an issue. The one we selected is rounded flat bar and very smooth indeed. Will certainly keep an eye on it though.

Thanks!

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

ChrisL

posted on 25/6/12 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody know if these are MOT-able, I'm guessing that a bing bag seat should be fine so long as it is securely attached to the car?
ShaunB

posted on 25/6/12 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisL
Anybody know if these are MOT-able, I'm guessing that a bing bag seat should be fine so long as it is securely attached to the car?

Should be absolutely fine, the standard seats in my Westfield are just trimmed foam pads that drop in, they are not secured to the car at all. The only issue will be can your MOT tester fit into your moulded seat I have to take the moulded seat out of my race car when I visit the local rolling road...

Shaun.

[Edited on 25/6/12 by ShaunB]

ChrisL

posted on 25/6/12 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Shaun, good to know.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.