Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Roll bar/Cage
hazbo65

posted on 13/12/17 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
The reference to 38mm x 2.5mm being OK for pre '95 is K 1.4.1 a) in the 2016 blue book which is the latest one I have. Although I got confirmation from the MSA about this I think the point for debate would have been evidence of approval in period. Rather than argue this point I decided to construct a bar to the latest requirements. I went for the 50 x 2 option which was slightly lighter than the RAC bar which must have much thicker walls.
loggyboy

posted on 13/12/17 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lucy
More specifically, 'For roll cages/bars APPROVED prior to 1.1.95'.

I'm not sure how you would prove that it was approved prior to '95 but it surely would have to be fitted to car pre '95?

Could my friend with a pre lit westfield fit a 40mm roll over bar (made prior to '95) to his car? I presume it would need rear stays as per post '95 requirements?

I suspect the car and cage would need to have been logged booked and scutineered prior to 95 together.
However - IMO- if they are going racing, a few hundred on a new cage is worth spending when it comes to safety. Not worth cutting corners to save a few quid when it could save a life.

[Edited on 13-12-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.