Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: front suspension mounts move ? race tweeks
sdp312

posted on 4/4/13 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
front suspension mounts move ? race tweeks

i know this maybe a bit of a minefield but , does anyone move the front wishbone brackets at all on a race locost ?
the reason for asking is i have the car stripped back to a bear chassis , and wondered if there is any tweeks i can do whilst i am rebuilding it to race.
any pointers on the setup and mods to the chassis would be very much appreciated.
regards stewart

madteg

posted on 4/4/13 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
just fit rose mounted wishbones and you will have all the movement you will need. Take the extra space up with thin bushes and then you can swop arount to set car up.
TimC

posted on 4/4/13 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madteg
just fit rose mounted wishbones and you will have all the movement you will need. Take the extra space up with thin bushes and then you can swop arount to set car up.

You can't do that with a 750MC Locost if that's where the OP intends to race in. It's also a very simplistic answer.

Are you on Facebook? I'd ask there or contact the formula rep - I think it's still Matt at procomp.co.uk

Camber Dave

posted on 4/4/13 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
If you just lower the car from the book ride height to a racing reg height of 75mm (40mm) you will lower the Roll centre.
This will increase the roll moment more than the lowering of the C of G. ie it will roll more!
Also you may scupper the camber curves.

Raise the pick ups on your chassis so that at your new rideheight the lower wishbone inner bush/rose joint is 5 to 10mm higher than the centre of the outboard ball joint. Reposition the upper wishbone accordingly.

Just read Tims post above - Check regs first!

[Edited on 4/4/13 by Camber Dave]

[Edited on 4/4/13 by Camber Dave]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.