Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Reverse switch /button
dunk3

posted on 30/5/18 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Reverse switch /button

Hi all , what have you all used to switch your electric reverse gear on, I. E switch or button and does it have to be heavy duty. Any links to the switches or buttons would be helpful.
Thanks

CosKev3

posted on 30/5/18 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
If you want to have the switch wired direct to the reverse you will need the likes of a starter or horn button,heavy duty.

If you want to wire in a relay that the switch activates you can use whatever switch you fancy then.

I've used a starter button with a rubber cover on it

CosKev3

posted on 30/5/18 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-heavy-duty-push-switch-hef358

I've used one of those

Hopley89

posted on 30/5/18 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I wired mine from the Neutral Light to a switch on dash (with small red led under the switch) to a push button
under the hand break leaver

The small led is so i know it’s activated on dash when in neutral as i don’t want to keep the reverse light on if sat at Traffic light in neutral!!

ReMan

posted on 30/5/18 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/fuses-electricals-fixings/halfords-heavy-duty-push-switch-hef358

I've used one of those

Well if its working thats great, but I think a starter , even a small bike one will take a lot more than 16 amps?
Though possibly less in this application that spinning an engine?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

CosKev3

posted on 31/5/18 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:

I've used one of those

Well if its working thats great, but I think a starter , even a small bike one will take a lot more than 16 amps?

It's only firing the solenoid though,the main power is on the wire direct from the battery.

Makes no difference if it's spinning over a 1ltr bike engine or trying to reverse a 600kg car the solenoid won't draw any more current whatever

[Edited on 31/5/18 by CosKev3]

JekRankin

posted on 31/5/18 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Wired mine through a toggle switch with an inline 10A fuse. No problems so far. The switch is an Apem 600 series and is rated at 15A if I remember correctly.
dunk3

posted on 31/5/18 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replys guy's, think I will go toggle switch with led light to tell me it's on and 20amp push button to engage reverse . Cheers
ReMan

posted on 31/5/18 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:

I've used one of those

It's only firing the solenoid though,the main power is on the wire direct from the battery.

Makes no difference if it's spinning over a 1ltr bike engine or trying to reverse a 600kg car the solenoid won't draw any more current whatever

[Edited on 31/5/18 by CosKev3]

HA HA
What a t1t, it was early and I'd forgot all about that most modern CAR starters have integral solenoid,

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.