Board logo

headlight pattern
garyt - 6/2/16 at 02:06 PM

Hi folks could anyone post a picture of the headlight pattern thrown on dip rhd please, a piece of a4 infront of the light and a picture of the image shown please,
Looking at the iva picture and then looking at the pattern thrown mine looks like its upside down ... but the writing on the lens is the rightway up ??
Maybe I'm being thick and missing or not understanding something, it is cold out ......
anyhow if I can compare the image of a known CORRECT one then I can sort it
thanks in advance Gary

britishtrident - 6/2/16 at 02:17 PM

See this link from another forum

garyt - 6/2/16 at 02:49 PM

thanks for that confirms mine IS upside down mmmm oh well simple enough to sort out, just the writing on the lens will be upside down
thanks again, Gary

02GF74 - 6/2/16 at 02:52 PM

Made in australia?

garyt - 6/2/16 at 02:57 PM

lol yep they must have been or a Friday afternoon set....

gremlin1234 - 6/2/16 at 04:46 PM

quote:
headlight pattern thrown on dip rhd please, a piece of a4 infront of the light and a picture of the image shown please
headlight beam patterns need to be checked at least 2 metres from the lamp
up close they are very confusing.

rusty nuts - 6/2/16 at 06:11 PM

Could be the bulbs aren't fitted correctly? Or maybe the lamp is incorrectly assembled?

garyt - 6/2/16 at 06:27 PM

I thanks for all the replies but they are all together correctly and bulbs in and seated , so will rotate them and mark cut new locating slots tomorrow, in truth reading the iva description rather than looking at pictures it explains better, at least in my head, and that aint saying much.......
I just needed it confirming, kinda measure twice cut once sort of thing, so hopefully will be sorted tomorrow and another job ticked off
Regards all , Gary

blakep82 - 6/2/16 at 09:17 PM

I need to see a pic of these lights shining on a garage door now!
So the pattern is dark at the bottom and light at the top?!

garyt - 7/2/16 at 03:35 PM

haha blake too late its sorted now but yes that's what I had perfect image but down side up
So I can only guess the buckets are designed origionally to be hung not mounted , anyway afyter carefully marking up I cut a set of new locating slots and hey presto sorted