Board logo

VW emissions - 2.0 Passat software update - feedback?
Slater - 22/7/16 at 01:43 PM

Hi I got a letter from VW last month recalling my 2.0 Passat to "fix" the emissions thing. It needs a software update and the letter says it will not affect MPG or performance at all. It mentions improved combustion technology, whatever that is......

I am sceptical however. Has anyone on here had this software update done or know of someone who has?? Any feedback??

Bluemoon - 22/7/16 at 02:47 PM

I think you might be correct to be sceptical, with doing some leg work before commiting... After all if it's that simple to fix the emissions why not do it right to start with Something must have been lost to meet the emissions...

Dan

richardm6994 - 22/7/16 at 02:59 PM

you may suddenly start using a lot more adblue after the software update.....(only a guess)

Jeano - 22/7/16 at 03:07 PM

Got the same letter for my A5

no loss in torque, mpg, overall power etc. I feel the same. I dont try it.

v8kid - 22/7/16 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by richardm6994
you may suddenly start using a lot more adblue after the software update.....(only a guess)

Do passenger cars use adblue I thought it was only for lorries?

Slater - 23/7/16 at 01:09 PM

My Passat does not have the adblue.

I tried a search on-line but can't find any feedback from owners after the update was done.

I will not get the update done at this time.

Matt21 - 29/7/16 at 05:09 PM

Theres is a thread on audi-sport.net with feedback from someone reporting that their engine seemed to be working harder and felt a little slower

I haven't had a letter (only just bought my audi) but it is one of the ones and I wont be taking it to audi, unless there is some benefit for me such as lower tax etc, which I very much doubt.
Not only because of the chance of altered mpg and power etc, but because my time off work is important to me and I have better things to be doing than waiting for audi to fix their cock up