Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA This Friday 1pm Nottingham!!
Mark H

posted on 8/5/03 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Donut wrote:

"Congratulations!!! Well done. Another Indy on the road
Andy "

LOL - you crazy guy When's the next competition on MKowers site? Wait till you see my "upgraded" MK grill! Seriously though, the one i've got at the moment looks like an ex barbeque one.

Wicket - I'll send you a couple of photos tonight if i remember!!

Heres to some happy summer blatting!!

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

James

posted on 8/5/03 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark H
Donut wrote:

"Congratulations!!! Well done. Another Indy on the road
Andy "

LOL - you crazy guy When's the next competition on MKowers site? Wait till you see my "upgraded" MK grill! Seriously though, the one i've got at the moment looks like an ex barbeque one.

Wicket - I'll send you a couple of photos tonight if i remember!!

Heres to some happy summer blatting!!

Congratulations mate.

I'll be really interested to know how you get on with the DVLA guy and the 03 plate.

If he says no and wants to give you a Q or age related could you ask him what one needs to do to get an 03 please?

My understanding is it's gonna need a lot of receipts!

Thanks,

James

Mark H

posted on 8/5/03 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
James,

DVLA phoned yesterday to arrange a viewing. Its Monday am so quite efficient.

She did say that it wont get an 03 plate, because "you're only allowed one reconditioned item". I had engine and rear axle.

I will ask some more q's on Monday, but assume that it all has to be new except one major part. Of course, new means that you have a receipt saying the item is new (or even new old stock).

Mark

Mark Harrison and

James

posted on 9/5/03 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
James,

DVLA phoned yesterday to arrange a viewing. Its Monday am so quite efficient.

She did say that it wont get an 03 plate, because "you're only allowed one reconditioned item". I had engine and rear axle.

I will ask some more q's on Monday, but assume that it all has to be new except one major part. Of course, new means that you have a receipt saying the item is new (or even new old stock).

Mark

Thanks Mark- would be grateful if you asked a few questions.

Hmmm, Mystic Meg predicts a company called James' Auto Spares soon being formed...

Try and ask him if they bother checking anything other than just the existence of the receipt. ie, do they check if the companies actually exist.

Thanks,

James

Mark H

posted on 9/5/03 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Will do James, but if I end up in Armley Prison I'll have to kick your ass (once I've recovered!), and I'll expect a cake with a file in it.

Good idea though (or was it mine?) - I may become a Northern distributor! I'll let you know the outcome!

[Edited on 9/5/03 by Mark H]

Mark Harrison and

James

posted on 9/5/03 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Will do James, but if I end up in Armley Prison I'll have to kick your ass (once I've recovered!), and I'll expect a cake with a file in it.

Good idea though (or was it mine?) - I may become a Northern distributor! I'll let you know the outcome!

[Edited on 9/5/03 by Mark H]

I'm only asking you to ask a few questions- not beat the guy to a pulp unless he gives you what you want! Saying that though...

Remember- car parts receipts are always done with those old dot-matrix printers on funny thin paper!

Cheers,

James

donut

posted on 9/5/03 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
James...... my understanding (which is always limited!) on 03 plate (new) is that EVERY component used to build your car has to be brand spanky new with receipt except for 1 item which may be pro recon usually the engine.

If i'm wrong then can someone put me right but that's my understanding

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
James

posted on 9/5/03 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by donut
James...... my understanding (which is always limited!) on 03 plate (new) is that EVERY component used to build your car has to be brand spanky new with receipt except for 1 item which may be pro recon usually the engine.

If i'm wrong then can someone put me right but that's my understanding

Andy

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Fortunately ink for the dot matirx is cheap!

James

Mark H

posted on 12/5/03 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Hi James,

I had my DVLA inspection this morning, no dramas - definitely getting a Q plate though!

Anyway, the inspector has all my receipts, and will photocopy them and keep them on file in DVLAs dungeons.

The quality of the Stuart Taylor receipts were handwritten (even the Stuart Taylor Ltd bit), and she didn't even bat an eyelid - She just took a note of the manufacturer. So a decent looking receipt may be enough.

Personally though, it a bit close to fraud for my liking. Depends if they do a random audit on a receipt, or you have a more tenacious inspector.

Either way I enjoy the driving more than the paperwork!

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Harrison and

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.