Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal Grips
GO

posted on 8/5/03 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Pedal Grips

On a bit of a follow up to a point mentioned by Mark H's in his post re brake bias bars, what constitutes legal pedal grips?

Mark H used velcro to start but then swapped to rubbers (I'm guessing, correct me if I'm wrong Mark).

After seeing this I promptly cut diagonal groves into my pedals about 0.5mm deep and about 7-8mm apart to form a diamond pattern, and I've seen a picture somewhere of someone who welded some acne onto their pedals (sorry, can't remember who that was!). Will either of these be enough?

Mark H

posted on 8/5/03 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I actually used a self adhesive lumpy rubber strip. I think as long as its slip proof, it'll pass.

However - For a couple of quid, I'd get some of the lumpy rubber, or self adhesive sandpaper, whatever, just to be really clear for the examiner.

As we are getting to know, each has their own opinion on most subjective issues, and they might give you a couple of "benefits of the doubt" (i know mine did re exhaust noise!) - you don't want to waste one on something cheap.

Hope this helps, m8 (in fact if you live near leeds, you can have some of my strip - 've got a bit left!

Mark

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

loafersmate

posted on 9/5/03 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
Skateboard grip tape is the stuff you want, very grippy and self adhesive.

Cheers

Ben

givemethebighammer

posted on 12/5/03 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
see my SVA post re Derby SVA
donut

posted on 13/5/03 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
I have drilled 6 holes in each pedal surface, will this do?

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CairB

posted on 13/5/03 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Donut,

Try the banana skin under the teflon soled shoe test (I'm trying to think like an SVA inspector) - if it fails you could always weld some acne on . See my pici's.

Cheers,

Colin

donut

posted on 13/5/03 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Me and welding don't get on, i had a go once and...well let's just say the experience was not pleasant!

I think i'll try and get some rubber ones. Anyone know what fit's MK pedals?

Andy

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 13/5/03 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
How about using some of those go faster ally pedal extensions that the maxpower type like so much?.Some are not to bad looking and even have optional rubber inserts to fit the holes.
paul.
quote:
Originally posted by donut
Me and welding don't get on, i had a go once and...well let's just say the experience was not pleasant!

I think i'll try and get some rubber ones. Anyone know what fit's MK pedals?

Andy

Mark H

posted on 14/5/03 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

How about using some of those go faster ally pedal extensions

If its anything like my pedal set up, you can hardly fit a rizla between the pedals let alone a full size pedal cover.

Donut - use grippy tape use grippy tape use grippy tape use grippy tape..........

Mark Harrison and

donut

posted on 14/5/03 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Mark H

Do i take it from your post that you recomend using grippy tape?

Andy - the stupid one!

P.S. Where does one get grippy rubber tape?

[Edited on 14/5/03 by donut]

Andy

Mark H

posted on 14/5/03 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
Your local motor factors. You'll find it near the rest of the tapes. I don't know where you get skateboard grip from if you want to use that - skateboard shop?

I've u2u'd you.

Mark

Mark Harrison and

kingr

posted on 14/5/03 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Skateboard grip tape is nothing more than self adhesive wet and dry, so why not cut out the middle man? Just grab some coarse-ish wet and dry, slap some glue of your choice on the back (contact adhesive would probably be the best option) and stick it on your pedals. Job's a good un'.

Kingr

MikeRJ

posted on 19/5/03 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kingr
Skateboard grip tape is nothing more than self adhesive wet and dry, so why not cut out the middle man?

It's more like emery than wet and dry (i.e. woven fabric backed rather than paper). Used to use this on my skateboard many years ago

skippad

posted on 19/5/03 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
pedal grips

donut
The rubbers off Corsa pedals are perfect tight fit on MK pedals. Get from scrappy for nowt.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.