Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: pre 1995
MK9R

posted on 21/5/03 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
pre 1995

state that my engine is 1994 (new engine number if re conditioned) will i not need to have a cat on it, and will it get through emmisions without the lamda/carb thingy?

(posted in BEC aswell)

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zetec

posted on 21/5/03 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Pre "95 (changeover sometime mid "95) at the moment does not need a Cat. I think the reason we are able to get the non cat test is that the SVA book says that vehicles fitted with engines built after "92 cat law, but before "95, have to be tested to the limits listed in the emission test book. As there does not appear to be many, if any, kit cars listed they are to be tested to the pre "92 levels. This means any properly tuned engine should pass easily on carbs without a cat. The only problem is that you will need proof of the engines age, suspect a note written on the back of a fag packet by the local breaker may not be enough. I think also the MOT test may have changed for cars registered after the SVA test was introduced, and will follow the same lines. As with everything SVA worth checking before building.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.