Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Age Related Registration Possible?
ChrisJ15

posted on 29/4/12 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Age Related Registration Possible?

I'd like to get an age related registration for my Sylva J15 build. Ive done some research but the goverment documents are as misleading as you'd expect.

I have the engine gearbox, steering column and drive shafts (which may not be used in the end) from one donor vehicle.

A couple of things that concern me are:
1) The car was scrapped beforehand
2) I never received an invoice even though I requested one. I won the engine/gearbox on eBay and have all the evidence from that - eBay win mail, Paypal payment mail etc. The steering column was purchased for an extra £20, the drive shafts included for nothing as they were damaged. I can only prove the extras by emails.

Everyting else is new apart from a plenum chamber/throttle body (and possibly a steering wheel, but not too bothered about that) but if it was the difference between age related and a Q plate I would probably buy new thorttle bodies.

Does anyone have an opinion as to whether ag related registration is a possibility or indeed if I will have problems with any registration due to the lack of an invoice?

snapper

posted on 29/4/12 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
You really need the V5 for an age related
Or perhaps a convincing audit trail for the parts.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

coozer

posted on 29/4/12 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
If most of the stuff is new and a recon engine receipt you'll be able to get a new plate.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

JeffJeffers

posted on 30/4/12 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have been emailing DVLA Peterborough about an age related plate this week.
I thought my donor vehicle had been scraped which he said would mean I couldn't use it as an age related plate.
You have to be the registered keeper.

ChrisJ15

posted on 30/4/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Does the non V5/scrapped issue still apply if you go for a new registration?

That way I could buy a new steering column and fit that. I could have the engine re-conditioned and as long as everything else was new I'd be OK.

But I wonder what they mean by reconditioned in terms of an engine? Mine had only 8,000 miles on an 08 car so its hard to see what reconditioning it would need!

Also only works if they take the engine and gearbox as one unit.

Not Anumber

posted on 30/4/12 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you are allowed 1 recon major part (usually the engine for most builders) but you would need to show all other major componnents were new so gearbox and rear axle/ diff etc plus receipts for just about everything.

If you are going for an age related plate why not just do a deal with your local breakers yard on a donor car for it's v5 and chassis plate before they issue the certificate of destruction.

[Edited on 30/4/2012 by Not Anumber]

whitestu

posted on 30/4/12 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I scrapped my donor, and told the DVLA this, and still got an age related plate.

I argued that scrapping the car when it had been scrapped was the correct thing to do legally, which they accepted. i did have a copy of the V5 though.

Stu

ChrisJ15

posted on 30/4/12 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
It does kind of make sense that most donors are ultimatley going to be scrapped!

As the car was never registered to me and I dont have the V5 I doubt I'll be so lucky.

Not Anumber

posted on 1/5/12 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
It's easy enough to put right though, Sierras still turn up in breakers yards and many of these places have a photocopier and someone who would be happy to use it whilst drinking the beer you took with you.
chillis

posted on 1/5/12 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
If most of the stuff is new and a recon engine receipt you'll be able to get a new plate.

Only if you go for the full IVA which is harder to pass other wise Q plate if its BIVA

coozer

posted on 1/5/12 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chillis
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

Only if you go for the full IVA which is harder to pass other wise Q plate if its BIVA

Registration is nothing to do with IVA.

ChrisJ15, if your going to Stoneliegh come seek me out on the locost pitch for a natter..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.