Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bus lane PCN
Matt21

posted on 24/1/16 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Bus lane PCN

I have received a PCN through the post dated from a period that I was in Newcastle.
It states that i had driven in a bus lane and I am being fined for it.

When i enter my reg number and the PCN number into the website to pay it, it states that i was driving a silver nissan, but mines black.

Where do I stand with this?

I tried to post in pepipoo, but the forum seems to be down (or at least not working for me anyway)

HowardB

posted on 24/1/16 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
you could write to them and ask for the photographic evidence,...

see if it's you?

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

joneh

posted on 24/1/16 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
I'd write back explaining you're not paying as you don't drive a black car, maybe suggest that you're plate has been cloned and then ask them for advice on what to do next? Also, ask for the evidence.

Although I asked for the evidence once saying I don't speed. Got a lovely photo back of me driving my car

blakep82

posted on 24/1/16 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt even ask for advice. Id send a screen shot of their page, a pic of your car on your drive, showing the plate and the 'wrong' colour, and tell them you're not paying, as its clearly not your car theyre after

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ChrisW

posted on 24/1/16 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
I wouldnt even ask for advice. Id send a screen shot of their page, a pic of your car on your drive, showing the plate and the 'wrong' colour, and tell them you're not paying, as its clearly not your car theyre after

I wouldn't! Ask what evidence they have first, let them declare their hand. By telling them straight out you run the risk of them saying it was a printing error. If they supply a photo of the wrong car there's no backing out of it.

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
morcus

posted on 24/1/16 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
The important thing is, did you drive in the bus lane? If you did just pay the fine.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

rf900rush

posted on 25/1/16 at 12:53 AM Reply With Quote
Is the PCN a "Penalty Charge Notice" or a "Parking Charge Notice" Big Difference in the meaning.

I guess Bus lane is more likely to be a Penalty Charge Notice

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 25/1/16 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
As stated, ask them for proof it's you and your car they're after - sounds to me like they've mucked up!

Best to be cool though as it's not worth getting into a barney with them

WallerZero

posted on 25/1/16 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
I had some friends that were not from the area and claimed it was not clearly identifiable as a bus lane as they were in an unknown area. Got away with it by doing that. Equally ask for evidence if they haven't already provided it as the car colour is important. Could claim its a cloned plate and then get a crime reference from the police for it in case the number plate is ever used in a crime.

However if it is you, there's not much getting out of it unless there was some legit reason i.e. avoiding a collision

http://zachsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk/

Matt21

posted on 30/1/16 at 05:21 AM Reply With Quote
There is a photo still from CCTV footage, and also the CCTV footage which is clearly a black navara with my reg plate

So I paid the fine.

I hope never to drive in Newcastle again, it's an absolute nightmare with one way streets and bus lanes etc

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.