Author: Subject: Lewis or Rosberg
Huttojb

posted on 13/11/16 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis or Rosberg

F1 - Lewis or Rosberg

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

If only DEAD people understand hexadecimal - 57,005

sdh2903

posted on 13/11/16 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Depends what your asking?

Who do I dislike the most? Rosberg just
Who is the better driver? Undoubtedly Hamilton
Who will win today? Hamilton or verstappen.
Who will win the championship? Rosberg due to his cars better reliability and he only has to follow Lewis home in both races.

britishtrident

posted on 13/11/16 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Rosberg has been getting booed on everytime on the podium recently. At least Lewis has his head in the right place at the moment.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

coozer

posted on 13/11/16 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
You forgot the 'who cares' button.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Huttojb

posted on 13/11/16 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Question is open!

Rosberg is asking how Lewis has his break balance!!! Lewis is far better driver and only behind due to reliability, whilst I think this is part of the sport is unlucky.

I'm Lewis all the way.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.

steve m

posted on 13/11/16 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Im with lewis, but as its a German team, and Rosberg in the lead, Championship wise, the team will ensure Rosberg wins

I expect Lewis's pitstop to be a disaster when some one forgets to put a wheel nut on properly

Its a good race though !!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

britishtrident

posted on 13/11/16 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Im with lewis, but as its a German team, and Rosberg in the lead, Championship wise, the team will ensure Rosberg wins

I expect Lewis's pitstop to be a disaster when some one forgets to put a wheel nut on properly

Niki loyalty to his chosen boy Lewis shows occaisionally also Toto also looks more pleased when Lewis is the one ahead.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

StevieB

posted on 13/11/16 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

Niki loyalty to his chosen boy Lewis shows occaisionally also Toto also looks more pleased when Lewis is the one ahead.

Not surprising given the payroll costs, which I think probably command a lot more backing and loyalty these days than being German in a German team will. They'll always back and favour the biggest investment.

daniel mason

posted on 13/11/16 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis is on a different level.
2nd only behind Schumacher now on race wins.

sdh2903

posted on 13/11/16 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Without posting the result. What a sensational drive by the guy in 3rd. Probably even better than Jenson in the wet in Canada a few years ago in horrendous conditions.

Best half an hour stint in F1 I think I've seen

daniel mason

posted on 13/11/16 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
He was close to bending that car pretty badly on more than one occasion
Huttojb

posted on 13/11/16 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Max was amazing, the saves he did was in s different level.

This and abu dhabi in 2014 are 2 of the best races I've watched.

Hope Lewis wins Championship!

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

Yazza54

posted on 13/11/16 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

This

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

blakep82

posted on 13/11/16 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yazza54
quote:
Originally posted by coozer

This

Apparently both of you enough spend a few minutes posting...

Lewis for me, but I haven't watched the race, and won't because I'll be in bed soon. Is there 1 race left then? I thought Brazil was last?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Huttojb

posted on 13/11/16 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
Is there 1 race left then? I thought Brazil was last?

Yeah Abu dhabi is final race.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

craig1410

posted on 14/11/16 at 01:05 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be rooting for Rosberg simply because I think he deserves to win the championship this year.

Much has been made of the reliability issues suffered by Hamilton (mainly by Hamilton himself...) but anyone who follows F1 knows that this is just part of the sport. I personally think that Rosberg is better at working around gremlins than Hamilton who seems to immediately cry 'conspiracy' and goes into victim mode. I don't think he did himself any favours by essentially accusing the team of sabotaging his car. This is the team that has given him 2 championships and 31 of his 52 race wins. Without Mercedes, Hamilton would have 1 WDC and be perhaps 7th or 8th on the all-time wins list, not 2nd.

Ross Brawn summed it up when he said that Hamilton was better in terms of raw driving talent but Rosberg was more tenacious. I can't say I'm a big fan of Rosberg's personality but I do admire his focus and determination. With Hamilton I recognise his driving talent but he is nowhere near as focussed as he needs to be in order to get the best from that talent. I'm not saying you can't have a life outside of F1 but in any professional sport, you can't afford to give an edge to your opponents the way he sometimes does.

For those in the "don't care" camp, I sympathise. F1 is currently over-regulated and the cars lack excitement. Top drivers like Alonso are crying out for cars which stretch the drivers physically the way they used to. No more fuel saving or tyre saving etc. Just flat out racing. Hopefully we'll get closer to that next year. We also need closer competition between teams to avoid the domination by one team we've seen in recent years. That sort of domination would have been reduced in previous years but the regulation of engine development stopped the other engine manufacturers from catching up.

Finally, I still hold out hope of Alonso getting a decent car from McLaren next year and getting one more crack at a championship. I think that has to happen next year or possibly 2018 but after that I think the baton will be firmly in the hands of Ricciardo and Verstappen. Vettel has been shown to be a bit 'ordinary' I would say this year and I'll bet he's regretting moving away from Red Bull now. Ferrari are a shambles and for the first time in Alonso's career, I think he made a good move getting out of there!

adithorp

posted on 14/11/16 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Without posting the result. What a sensational drive by the guy in 3rd. Probably even better than Jenson in the wet in Canada a few years ago in horrendous conditions.

Best half an hour stint in F1 I think I've seen

Think that has to go to Senna in Monaco in an uncompetitive car... followed by Button (he did win). This was impressive though. Hamilton had to be good as well. Despite the conditions there was nothing for the TV to show of him apart from the restarts... Those conditions and no near misses worth showing?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

sdh2903

posted on 14/11/16 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly senna was before my time, I was 10 when he died and was just starting to get into the sport, I have seen highlights of his Monaco heroics though.

Yes canada was epic (literally about half a day long) and probably my favourite race of the recent years, mainly because it was Jenson (who definitely sounds like he can't wait for retirement) and the fact the dominant vettel fell off the road.

I just think that the conditions yesterday were worse than Canada, which was nearly dry by the end and taking into account all the highly experienced drivers falling off the track, that stint by Max to come from near the back in such a short time was very special. If only there were another 10 laps left after he got to 3rd.......

adithorp

posted on 14/11/16 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Sadly senna was before my time, I was 10 when he died and was just starting to get into the sport, I have seen highlights of his Monaco heroics though.

Just imagine him doing what he did yesterday... but in a Manor. Talking of which, I think Ocon had a great drive yesterday. We'll be seeing more of him in the next few years.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

snapper

posted on 14/11/16 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Lewis must win
Rosburg only needs 3rd
At least there will some excitement in the last race.

Did you not think that they were trying realy hard to get the Brazil race past half distance so the full points counted?

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

loggyboy

posted on 14/11/16 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Lewis must win
Rosburg only needs 3rd
At least there will some excitement in the last race.

Did you not think that they were trying realy hard to get the Brazil race past half distance so the full points counted?

Theres been plenty of excitment already! Sundays race was a cherry on the cake!

I think they were trying hard to upset the one the biggest most enthusiastic crowds F1 has.

Mistral Motorsport

02GF74

posted on 14/11/16 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Rosberg wilk win.

This is what will happen.
Hamilton get pole and leads. Rosberg gets in front when hamilton changes tyres. Hamilton tries overtakes but gets shunted off the track by rosberg. Job done, new wold champ.

loggyboy

posted on 14/11/16 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
Reality - Sadly it will be more mundane - Hamilton Pole and Win, Rosberg 2nd and championship - little to no drama

My Hope - Rosberg fluffs start, gest swamped by redbulls, has ding dong battle with verstappen, either gets punted off by him or finishes 4th behind him and riciardo. Also - massive crash for vettel, unharmed, but leaving him with no reason to return to f1 has he hurt his vagina on crotch straps.

Mistral Motorsport

morcus

posted on 14/11/16 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I think Rosberg will win by finishing second behind Hamilton and I would agree he got lucky and that Hamilton is the better driver but I do feel the media and fans are very harsh on Rosberg.

From a marketing perspective I think the team would rather have Hamilton win but I don't think they would interfere.

Brazil was amazing though I was rather hoping Verstappen would split the mercs to make the last race more exciting as rosberg basically just has to not crash in a place where it doesn't rain.

I'm sure theres a thread on here somewhere complaining about Vettel winning all the time and someone saying we wouldn't be moaning if it was a British guy, this season has kind of proved that.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Huttojb

posted on 27/11/16 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Come on Lewis, back Rosberg into Max and Ric. Control the pace and hope the Redbulls or Ferrari's swamp Rosberg.

Jason

huttojb_GenTiger
huttojb_GenTiger

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.