Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My old car what's going on??
ste

posted on 29/8/17 at 04:42 AM Reply With Quote
My old car what's going on??

it's on ebay at the moment. I built it from the original kit and sva's it in 2009. It went on an age related 'H' plate.

It's now on ebay on an '09' plate.

looks dodgy to me, what's going on?

kit car,robin hood 2b with c20xe redtop

jeffw

posted on 29/8/17 at 05:18 AM Reply With Quote
First registered in 2009 with a 09 plate on it? Maybe the H plate was sold and an age correct plate was put on it.

mcerd1

posted on 29/8/17 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
First registered in 2009 with a 09 plate on it? Maybe the H plate was sold and an age correct plate was put on it.

Can't do that, the age related plate would give it an effective H reg date (despite being 'new' at first reg in 2009) and shouldn't let you put any plate newer than H reg on it.

-

neilp1

posted on 29/8/17 at 06:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:

Can't do that, the age related plate would give it an effective H reg date (despite being 'new' at first reg in 2009) and shouldn't let you put any plate newer than H reg on it.

After rapping my 1st tiger I bought it back off the insurance company. It was on an F plate registered in 2004. Someone wanted the plate so took it off the car and ended up with an 04 reg.

jeffw

posted on 29/8/17 at 06:03 AM Reply With Quote
DVLA have the plate as on a Blue Robin Hood 2B, first registered in June 2009.

ste

posted on 29/8/17 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
DVLA have the plate as on a Blue Robin Hood 2B, first registered in June 2009.

I know, that's the issue. Where I built it I used a H reg Sierra and got an age related H plate. H915LNA was the plate it was issued.

Obviously something dodgy somewhere. I've messaged the seller and he isn't saying much and not really answering my questions

jeffw

posted on 29/8/17 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure why you are concerned really. It is correctly listed by DVLA against that plate so happy days.

rf900rush

posted on 29/8/17 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
I can see how it could happen.

My kit was registered in 2003 using a 1988 Sierra.
By the time I sold it, I could not find any evidence on my V5 of it being built from a 1988 car.

I could not see any reason why how DVLA would not wrongly give it a 2003 plate.

The "system" is not set up for kit cars etc.

Too be honest, I don't think the year of registration matters so much with kits rather than the quality of build and condition.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 29/8/17 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neilp1
After rapping my 1st tiger I bought it back off the insurance company. It was on an F plate registered in 2004. Someone wanted the plate so took it off the car and ended up with an 04 reg.

^^ I didn't say the DVLA were any good at following their own rules.....

-

ste

posted on 29/8/17 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
It is wrong though. It is incorrect of the DVLA to issue it with an 09 plate.

It is a con to put a newer plate on an older car and pass it off as that age. The car is a rebuild of a H reg sierra and should be registered as such

mcerd1

posted on 29/8/17 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Also a '09' plate will make it much harder to persuade some garages to test the emissions to an 'H' reg (pre-CAT) standard...

-

killerferret666

posted on 29/8/17 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
The V5 will say the date registered just like mine does.

On my build the Donor was a K reg car but the V5 still says first registered 2014. Mine has a personal plate on it, isnt that hiding the age with the plate to some degree as well?!?! Because being honest, yep that's my intention to the average road user. However when selling ill be clear it was built from a K reg Donor Vehicle and first registered as shown on the V5, 2014

Its what the V5 says in terms of first registration that matters, the rest is down to the seller and if he doesnt know the history then...thats that

quote:
Also a '09' plate will make it much harder to persuade some garages to test the emissions to an 'H' reg (pre-CAT) standard...

It wont the V5 states the emissions test on it, mine states the 3.5% pre cat test on it so you just take that along to the MOT.

[Edited on 29/8/17 by killerferret666]

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

ste

posted on 29/8/17 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
So basically what we've learnt is that if you want a brand new reg plate, don't bother with the expense of buying all new parts, just put a private plate on it then remove it again and drive round in your 17 plate kit car.

Bonus

mcerd1

posted on 29/8/17 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by killerferret666
The V5 will say the date registered just like mine does.

On my build the Donor was a K reg car but the V5 still says first registered 2014. Mine has a personal plate on it, isnt that hiding the age with the plate to some degree as well?!?! Because being honest, yep that's my intention to the average road user. However when selling ill be clear it was built from a K reg Donor Vehicle and first registered as shown on the V5, 2014

Its what the V5 says in terms of first registration that matters, the rest is down to the seller and if he doesnt know the history then...thats that

^^ almost, but it should also have a note on the V5 saying something like "build from parts that are not new" (I forget the exact wording) and giving an effective date of the age of the donor car

this limits the personal plates you can fit later - any date upto and including the age of the donor is fine, anything newer is not (as your trying to pass off old parts as a new car)

but as above the DVLA don't exactly have a good record of following or even understanding their own rules

quote:
Originally posted by killerferret666
quote:

It wont the V5 states the emissions test on it, mine states the 3.5% pre cat test on it so you just take that along to the MOT.

^^ they don't always add that note either

-

killerferret666

posted on 30/8/17 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
^^ almost, but it should also have a note on the V5 saying something like "build from parts that are not new" (I forget the exact wording) and giving an effective date of the age of the donor car

this limits the personal plates you can fit later - any date upto and including the age of the donor is fine, anything newer is not (as your trying to pass off old parts as a new car)

but as above the DVLA don't exactly have a good record of following or even understanding their own rules

Cheers for clearing up I forgot that bit. I guess what I was trying to say is its all on the V5 lol

Building DDR GT4

Miami Gt4 Blog - Click Here

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 30/8/17 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Looks simply like a DVLA issue with following the rules, hey ho.

At least it's not a 2009 tax 'excepted' Rickman 'Bargin!' with 'awsum breaks' and a 3.5 litre diesel engine. By which, I mean that I can't see any intended dishonesty here, just an error from officialdom (or the forms they put ticks in the little boxes on and move on to the next).

What would concern me, as mentioned, is the MoT man and his emission probing for a 2009 XE. However, unlike most, I simply adore the advantages of a 'Q' plate, can't understand why others don't, and never will.

I had an 'age related' 1971 plate when I registered my Ex-Military 1967 land Rover. All supporting paperwork for 1967, including the MoD manifest presented.... again, hey ho.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.