Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR Vortx R1 sale or swap for Car engined Fury/Phoenix
T0MMY

posted on 28/10/18 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
MNR Vortx R1 sale or swap for Car engined Fury/Phoenix

Just putting the feelers out here as I'm not 100% sure about selling up but I'll update with more details when I dig out the paperwork.

The car is a 2004 MNR Vortx RT with an R1 5PW engine which I've owned for 4 or 5 years. It's got a Sierra LSD and Protech shocks which I've just had rebuilt. Tyres are 595RSRs, two brand new and two with maybe 40% tread left. Currently has no reverse as I had MNR remove it but does come with the Quaife reverse box and the prop if you want to put it back in (the car is better without it though which is why I had it removed). You could of course sell that as a package too for a decent amount.

It's a little bit tatty (the pics make it look cleaner than it is) but mechanically good as I've always been more into the driving side of things than appearance! Main issues are wishbones could do with being powder coated and the bonnet has a lot of stress cracks. EDIT: Forgot the worst one! The underside of the nosecone has a big crack in it where I dropped it onto a jack (clever move). You can't really see it unless you're crouched down looking from the front so I never did anything with it.

Reason for selling is that I don't really enjoy driving it on the road as it's not much fun to bimble around in and I'm too worried about my driving licence to drive it fast! I've only managed something like 5 trackdays in all the time I've owned it so I think I'd get more use out of something car engined and with a bit more weather protection so considering getting a Fury or Phoenix.

Price is £6500 or a swap with cash either way.

[Edited on 28/10/18 by T0MMY]

[Edited on 29/10/18 by T0MMY]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 29/10/18 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
PM'd
T0MMY

posted on 24/2/22 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Over 3 years later...thread bump!

This is now back up for sale. I originally decided against selling it after trying a Fury and realising this handled far better! Now I'm moving house though and won't have a garage so no more kitcars for the time being. I've hardly used it since covid happened but it's MOT'd until July.

Obviously now only interested in a sale rather than a swap.

Any questions, give me a call on 07952 075273.

[Edited on 24/2/22 by T0MMY]

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 24/2/22 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
I can vouch for this one - I went for a ride when we discussed potentially swapping my fury.

Its flipping fast, and seemingly well screwed together. I would not suggest riding shotgun though unless you have spare pants

T0MMY

posted on 25/2/22 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the free plug

Do you still have your Fury or did you sell it in the end?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.