Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Fail - Not too bad!
MikeR

posted on 6/10/20 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Ooops my mistake, I missread the diff as propshaft. i'm tired (insert other poor excuses here)
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 7/10/20 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Get the oil out of it sharpish,will probs stink of fuel.

I learnt the hard way with my first engine,drive to the RR with over fueling.

Span four big ends in the rods on my first spirited drive

Bloody hell Thanks for the heads up - I've got to drop the sump anyway to change the gasket, so an oil change is definitely on the cards!

sdh2903 has very kindly shared their map and I'm currently in the middle of making a hybrid one that'll hopefully be a lot better.

I had spent a bit of time mapping and leaning it out for the emissions, but I cocked up with the adaptive map as it looks like it was aiming for about 12.5:1 - not sure how/why I set it to that, or even if I did! A bit embarrassing really!

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

starterman

posted on 7/10/20 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Guess what?

I've just had tomorrows IVA postponed for the second time.................................

Deckman001

posted on 7/10/20 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starterman
Guess what?

I've just had tomorrows IVA postponed for the second time.................................

Oh dear that's not good

Jason

jps

posted on 7/10/20 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcherside repeater pods that allowed me to move my side repeaters further forwards to meet the 2.6m rule (see below).

Out of interest - how come you didn't mount the 'new/further forward' side repeaters the same way you did the ones that are already there? (I appreciate the answer might be 'so you can more easily take them off post-test!). Just wondered whether it was to do with achieving a minimum height or something...

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 8/10/20 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by starterman
Guess what?

That sucks, sorry to hear it

quote:
Originally posted by jps
Out of interest - how come you didn't mount the 'new/further forward' side repeaters the same way you did the ones that are already there? (I appreciate the answer might be 'so you can more easily take them off post-test!). Just wondered whether it was to do with achieving a minimum height or something...

Yep, you've kinda got it - it's basically so I didn't have to put new holes in the arches! The wires loop around the edge of the wheel arch, and I just made up some short patch leads to extend them

jps

posted on 8/10/20 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
it's basically so I didn't have to put new holes in the arches! The wires loop around the edge of the wheel arch, and I just made up some short patch leads to extend them

Fair enough. I reckon you'll be able to sell these many times over to future IVA-victims for exactly the same purpose!

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 9/10/20 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
it's basically so I didn't have to put new holes in the arches! The wires loop around the edge of the wheel arch, and I just made up some short patch leads to extend them

Fair enough. I reckon you'll be able to sell these many times over to future IVA-victims for exactly the same purpose!

Unfortunately they're pretty unique to the wing - I had to make different profiles for the left and right ones to get them to fit properly! Gotta love the dimensional accuracy of fibreglass

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.