Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wiring (again!).
Crockpot

posted on 30/10/20 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Wiring (again!).

I'm at the stage of planning some of the wiring and wondered if anyone could offer advice.
I have a small amount of wiring to come from the transmission tunnel area (speedo sensor, reverse switch and handbrake switch). In production cars this is often run under carpet/sound deadener and held in place with tape. As this is a standard production technique would it be acceptable for BIVA or will I have to run trunking (which will be a pain).
All the other wiring will take a different route (car is a tin top with lots of routes lol).

Thanks.

Mr Whippy

posted on 30/10/20 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
I think so long as the wires are wrapped and secured to the floor along the edges so they can't move around or be crushed under feet it would be fine. You may be asked to lift the carpet to prove its been done correctly so don't glue the carpets down. How about running it on top of the tunnel? I know that modern cars have all their interior wiring on the floor running in hard plastic trunking, even under the seats.

[Edited on 30/10/20 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Crockpot

posted on 31/10/20 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mr Whippy.

I had another look at my transmission tunnel (which has been tucked away for a looooooong time) and you have given me an idea!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.