Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Failed SVA
Alistair

posted on 30/5/03 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Failed SVA

Failed the test yesterday at Beverly test centre due to not having a european standard marking on the face of the 'brake fluid low' warning light.
Also the examiner said that the top swivel joint was not into the upright enough. There is about 4mm of the taper sticking up above where it goes into the upright. The nut is as tight as I dare get it without stripping the threads and it won't pull the swivel down anymore.
The upright is cortina and the swivel is a transit track rod end as per the book. Can anyone shed any light as to what I'm doing wrong or do they all stick up a bit?

Mark H

posted on 30/5/03 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know about your swivel joints mate, but I passed my brake test with no stickers on at all. Just a red light.

Shows that they are all different. I understand you can get these as stickers from some company or other, or perhaps bastardise an old switch found in a scrapper.

At least its a cheap fail (that one anyway).

All the best on the retest. Remember you also need an MOT if you're going for a Q plate registration.

Mark

Mark Harrison and
Q986 KCP back from the dead...

David Jenkins

posted on 30/5/03 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Vehicle Wiring Products will sell you either a sheet of stick-on transparent labels with the correct graphics on them, or a a light fitting with the same.

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk

Can't help with the tapers...

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.