Board logo

Zeemerides coilovers
andya - 8/9/02 at 08:45 AM

Hi All
Does anyone know if Zeemerides have adjustable spring bases?
and are they any good?
Im at the point of needing them and cant wait the 15 weeks for gts to supply Nitrons.

Cheers
Andy

scutter - 8/9/02 at 11:19 AM

Plenty of talk on this group about Zimmerides, have to say not a lot of it was good. I'm saving up for the extra for a set of Gaz.

Dan

Highcost builder - 8/9/02 at 02:39 PM

i'll answer the question then, yes they do.

stephen_gusterson - 8/9/02 at 04:33 PM

the only things thats adjustable is the spring bases.

I have zeemers on my car but cant comment on how good or bad they are.

As far as what other people say, there are lots bitching about how bad they are but NO ONE can actually say WHY or have actually USED them to be able to say that.

Perhaps I can be more specific when my own car rolls out next year.

atb

steve

redeye - 8/9/02 at 05:56 PM

the unfinished mk ive bought has gaz apperantly but i dont know how good they are

can anyone comment

will they make handling any better or worse

locodude - 8/9/02 at 06:13 PM

The GAZ shocks on the Tangerine Dream are fine, 6000 miles and 2 track days no complaints!
Chris PTM

Peteff - 10/9/02 at 08:49 AM

I have zeemerides on my car and they have the 220 front and 180 rear springs that they came with. They are standard mini dampers with a threaded sleeve over them and a different top platform to take the spring. If I do another I would go for rebound adjustment as well as spring rate because they seem a bit too strong for the weight of the car.

yours Pete

Highcost builder - 10/9/02 at 07:24 PM

you can buy lower rated springs for them at £12 a piece, if you think there to harsh.

locost7-online.com - 23/9/02 at 07:45 AM

I have them on my car, no complaints as such , they seem a little too soft for me at the front with 220lb springs, they were cheap and they have my car up and running, covered 500 miles in a few days, will build the next one with somthing else to compare.

www.locost7-online.com