Board logo

New truck
b14wrc - 4/6/23 at 02:13 PM

Picked up a 2017 Chevy Silverado last month. Bit of a difference to my last V8. Lol.....

Rob

JoelP - 4/6/23 at 04:23 PM

Fantastic. I fell in love with a dodge ram in Florida a few months ago. You can't beat a big truck!

b14wrc - 4/6/23 at 07:06 PM

Thanks.

I looked at the Ram and F150, but just liked the Chevy. Took a few months to find one that was rust free. Mine has 78k miles and good service. Like the 5.7 hemi in the Ram, but not a fan of the front grill on the older models I was looking at. A brand new ram would be nice, but as we are only here a few years didn’t want to spend that much.

Even for a big truck it goes well with 355bhp. I’ve got a Toyota Corolla work car, so let my wife drive that and take the truck most days. Gas is cheap here so I don’t mind only getting 17mpg. Took the kids bikes to the beach last weekend. Easy just throw them in the back and close the cover.

I just thought I had to get something proper American, 5.3 litre Chevy small block is that in my mind. When I put an exhaust on it later on that will make a difference.

[Edited on 1 by b14wrc]

nick205 - 7/6/23 at 08:49 AM

NICE

I do like a pick-up with a crew cab, enjoying the benefits of more than 2 seats and ability to transport plenty of stuff in the back.