Board logo

Stoneleigh kitcar show parking Rawcus pitch
ian locostzx9rc2 - 14/4/18 at 06:26 AM

You may have seen my other post I organise a pitch at stoneleigh for my self and a few friends it’s normally pitch 11d near the Dakar experience it’s open to anyone who wishes to park there who aren’t a member of a club who would like to park there car with other cars owned by fellow kitcar enthusiasts normally parking for 15/20cars just let me know cheers Ian

Slater - 20/4/18 at 07:57 PM

Ian, thanks for the offer. As long as it going to be dry, I'm planning to drive up from Dorset on the Sunday afternoon, camp and spend most of Monday at the show. If you've got space on the 11d pitch that would be great.

I'm sure I planned the same last year but I bottled out due to high likelyhood of rain on the way back.
Keith

ian locostzx9rc2 - 20/4/18 at 10:39 PM

Hi Keith yes your more than welcome just got the paperwork today pitch no is 11b this year I’m sure it will be in the same area .

Slater - 21/4/18 at 10:10 AM

Thanks very much, hopefully will see you there on the Sunday.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 21/4/18 at 12:35 PM

Hope to see you there fingers crossed for good weather

ian locostzx9rc2 - 26/4/18 at 03:47 PM

Quick bump as just over a week to go if anyone would like to park at the Rawcus pitch your more than welcome
Cheers Ian

hornetV2 - 26/4/18 at 08:21 PM

Hi Ian

Hope to be there again this year, a couple of us will be racing at Silverstone on the Saturday, so should be there Saturday night. I should have the Hornet Mk4 with me, but Ed has gone to the dark side and swopped his Tiger for a blingy Caterham (are they allowed on the stand!!!) Ian should be there with his Fury again as well. If theres also room a bloke from work (Ash), he should be there with his rebuilt pre-lit Westfield.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 26/4/18 at 08:47 PM

Sounds good I’ll see you there.all cars are welcome.

[Edited on 26/4/18 by ian locostzx9rc2]

ian locostzx9rc2 - 1/5/18 at 05:03 PM

Quick bump if anyone that’s not part of a club wants to join like minded car enthusiasts your more than welcome pitch no 11b near the Dakar experience I haven’t got a kitcar at present having a bit of a break but I’ll be in my 1959 Ford 100e hotrod weathers looking good let’s hope it’s a great show cheers Ian

[Edited on 1/5/18 by ian locostzx9rc2]

Slater - 1/5/18 at 08:12 PM

Ian, weather forcast is looking good!!! So I'll defo be travelling up on the Sunday afternoon, should arrive about 4-5 pm. Ive got a wee tent, decent sleeping bag and some vino. See you there. This is my first kit car show and first big trip in the car too, looking forward to it.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 1/5/18 at 08:26 PM

There’s going to be a few camping so you won’t be alone shame you can’t get there earlier on Sunday or Saturday as it’s normally the best day as a lot of people pack up early so they can get home on the Monday hope to see you there .

Stot - 2/5/18 at 11:42 AM

Hi,

Ill bring along my Haynes again on Monday this year if thats ok.

Cheers
Stot

ian locostzx9rc2 - 2/5/18 at 11:56 AM

No problem see you there

ian locostzx9rc2 - 3/5/18 at 04:35 PM

Weathers looking great this year let’s fill the pitch up with lots of cars the more the merrier.

mgglep - 3/5/18 at 07:05 PM

Hi is there any space left to stand with you please

ian locostzx9rc2 - 3/5/18 at 07:11 PM

Yes your more than welcome cheers ian

mgglep - 3/5/18 at 07:29 PM

Cheers Ian I have an orange lotus 7 rep will be going on Sunday see you then
Many thanks

ian locostzx9rc2 - 4/5/18 at 05:24 AM

Pitch is 11b near the Dakar experience see the map on stoneleigh kitcar website looks like there could be around 15 cars on Sunday and around 10 on Monday at present so still some space on the pitch roll on great weather and a great show this year

matty h - 4/5/18 at 04:30 PM

My brother is coming down in his striker on Sunday is it ok to park on your pitch.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 4/5/18 at 05:45 PM

Hi Matt yes that’s fine he could park on the jpsc pitch as well if he wants to as there trying to get there numbers up cheers Ian

adithorp - 4/5/18 at 07:12 PM

Yes, all JP origin cars welcome on our pitch (just across from Rawcus) whether members or not. Tea and coffee available all weekend (and beer I guess) and members BBQ on Sat night (if you're coming to that let Edd know via the JPSC stoneleigh thread).

More always welcome though with "trying to get there numbers up" you make it sound like we usually have an empty field... I expect with good weather we'll have a couple of dozen or more as we have in former years... Can't remember more than a handful on your's

ian locostzx9rc2 - 4/5/18 at 07:47 PM

Not at all just spreading the cars about see you Sunday

Slater - 4/5/18 at 07:59 PM

If I arrive after 5pm on the Sunday, will I still be able to get in? I see on the website that the gates close at 5pm.

Don't want to be turned away after 150 mile drive.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 4/5/18 at 08:25 PM

Yes should be able to you can get in and out at anytime or that was the case many years ago when I camped there

adithorp - 4/5/18 at 08:35 PM

The Kits and Camping entrance stays open until late. It's the public entrance that closes at 5 along with the halls.

Slater - 5/5/18 at 07:20 AM

OK thanks guys, hopefully I'll be able to leave earlier to arrive before 5pm, but have family commitments most of the day.

adithorp - 5/5/18 at 07:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ian locostzx9rc2
Not at all just spreading the cars about see you Sunday

Just winding you up mate. See you there.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 5/5/18 at 08:10 PM

See you Sunday

[Edited on 5/5/18 by ian locostzx9rc2]

Colobos - 6/5/18 at 05:36 AM

Hi Ian, will be along later this morning in my 7. Hope it’s ok to park on your pitch and looking forward to a fine day.
Cheers, rich

Joshy - 6/5/18 at 08:42 AM

Hi Ian, I'll be along with my Haynes Roadster today. Hope you've got space to fit one more on your pitch

ian locostzx9rc2 - 6/5/18 at 06:57 PM

Sorry I missed you today you where more than welcome to park on the pitch I assume you parked somewhere else hope you had a great day cheers Ian

[Edited on 6/5/18 by ian locostzx9rc2]

ian locostzx9rc2 - 7/5/18 at 03:32 PM

I hope everyone enjoyed stoneleigh this year great to meet a few more forum members and apologies if I didn’t speak to few people that parked on the pitch the weather was amazing this year hope everyone got home safe cheers ian

Colobos - 7/5/18 at 08:37 PM

Great weekend, thanks for the offer of the parking. Good to names to faces, hope to meet up again some time.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 8/5/18 at 01:53 PM

Hi rich great to meet you too yes the weather made it a great show this year hope you had a good journey back .