Board logo

Anti-roll Bar kit - Raw Striker
sooty - 25/10/12 at 11:07 PM

Raw Striker - Anti-roll bars

Can anyone tell me who supplies a Kit for fitting front and rear Anti-roll bars with a live rear axle.

Or any tips of how to make my own with dimensions etc.

Thanks

jeffw - 26/10/12 at 03:51 AM

A guy called Rob Farley makes a front kit that is designed to fit. You can find him on the JPSC forum or http://www.clubstylus.be/ which he runs. If you are using the standard metalastic bushes in the rear you will not need a rear ARB as Jeremy designed it to work without. If you have rose jointed the rear then you will need to make something.

INDY BIRD - 26/10/12 at 05:47 AM

Is that the same for a IRS car or do they need rear arb aswell?

Thanks for the post and info as I'm interested in a set also,

Cheers sean

jeffw - 26/10/12 at 07:13 AM

I don't know is the simple answer. I know people who only run Rob's front ARB in an IRS Phoenix but as to if this is correct I don't know....did make him go faster when it was fitted though.

matt_gsxr - 26/10/12 at 08:22 AM

I have one of Robs bars on the front of my Phoenix, which is similar to Striker. I suspect this bar is a bit on the stiff side of ideal (bike engine), but it made a huge positive effect on handling. Previously the inside rear wheel would life a bit giving tricky handling and with the bar it doesn't. I have fairly weak springs (180lb/inch front, 150lb/inch rear).

Regarding rear ARB, you can fit a caterham rear arb (~£40), and DIY the pivots (hydraulic pipe clamps) and drop-links, but I am fairly sure that it is the front one makes the big difference.

Matt

bi22le - 26/10/12 at 08:42 AM

hmm, interesting read.

softer springs and ARB on the front is something I am also considering.

jeffw - 26/10/12 at 09:46 AM

I run one of Rob's front ARBs with 250lb front and 180lb rear.

matt_gsxr - 26/10/12 at 09:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jeffw

But you have a boat anchor up front

adithorp - 26/10/12 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
quote:

He does occationally. More often than not recently he's had an empty engine bay...

JimSpencer - 26/10/12 at 01:19 PM

Hi

I was asked by Matty78 re set-up the other day

Track Suspension thread

Basics are as the above - are front ARB a must IMHO, rear not required on live axle (dont think many of the IRS lads run them either) - don't go too stiff on the springs and have the geometry professionally done!

HTH

jeffw - 26/10/12 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
quote:

He does occationally. More often than not recently he's had an empty engine bay...

very drole

philw - 26/10/12 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sooty
Raw Striker - Anti-roll bars

Can anyone tell me who supplies a Kit for fitting front and rear Anti-roll bars with a live rear axle.

Or any tips of how to make my own with dimensions etc.

Thanks

I have a front kit that i bought ages ago, but I sold the car before I had a chance to fit it, Ill see if i can find all the bits

DH2 - 26/10/12 at 08:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by philw
I sold the car

And now look at the state of the poor thing...

DH2

[Edited on 26/10/12 by DH2]

rost - 29/10/12 at 10:41 AM

Also running one of Rob's ARBs on the striker. I really like it, especially because most strikers run fairly soft springs.
He's very nice guy and the ARB is well made too.

lsdweb - 22/1/15 at 10:06 AM

Hi All

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anybody have contact details for Rob Farley as I'm looking for a front antirollbar for my Striker.

Ta

Wyn

peter030371 - 22/1/15 at 02:56 PM

Does anyone do an ARB for the rear of an IRS Striker?

bi22le - 22/1/15 at 04:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by peter030371
Does anyone do an ARB for the rear of an IRS Striker?

Read earlier in the thread, someone mentions that a Caterham one fits with some ingenuity.

jeffw - 22/1/15 at 05:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
Hi All

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but does anybody have contact details for Rob Farley as I'm looking for a front antirollbar for my Striker.

Ta

Wyn

Wyn

I've texted Rob and he will contact you. Let me know if you have not heard anything in a few days and I'll chase him up.

lsdweb - 22/1/15 at 06:13 PM

Many thanks Jeff

peter030371 - 23/1/15 at 02:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Read earlier in the thread, someone mentions that a Caterham one fits with some ingenuity.

opps, I missed that bit