Board logo

Anyone running a BMW M3 S50B32 engine?
FlansS14 - 28/12/14 at 08:02 PM

Anyone?

I'm after the wireing diagrams and where to get the EWS Removed.

Thanks

Daf - 28/12/14 at 08:35 PM

Hi I have a contact on the BMW scene that can sort the ECU for you, drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll send you his info.

Cheers

rodgling - 29/12/14 at 12:11 PM

Wiring diagrams are easy enough, just google BMW electrical troubleshooting manual - e.g.

http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/

Lots of places will remove the EWS for you, but on my car I've just kept it. Once I had the wiring worked out it's caused me no problems. If you do get your ECU modified to remove EWS, you may as well get the rev limiter raised at the same time, most people increase it to 8k I think.

FlansS14 - 29/12/14 at 02:47 PM

Thanks for that

Did you refer to the Z3 M Diagrams.... Same Engine / X20 plug I take it.

Flan

rodgling - 29/12/14 at 06:45 PM

There is some variation in that plug (the diff speed sensor signal changes pin between 328 and M3 for example, if I remember rightly) but it's standard-ish.

I think the M3 manual is in that folder somewhere - if not a bit of googling should find it easily enough.

FlansS14 - 29/12/14 at 11:37 PM

Cool, did you keep your EWS or get it deleted?

How many wires roughly to get it running

rodgling - 30/12/14 at 10:28 AM

I still have the EWS. It's about half a dozen wires (power, ground, a couple to the ECU, a couple to the bit that scans the key). Can't remember the details but Peter at GKD may be able to help.

SteveWallace - 30/12/14 at 04:52 PM

This is the wiring diagram that I made when I was wiring in my EWS and 2.8l engine. The X20 connector is actually round, it was just easier to draw it as a rectangle. I don't think that the M3 engine is much different, so this may be a start. The second diagram shows how I eventually simplified it by cutting out the bulky X20 connector and wires that I didn't need and replaced it with some smaller automotive multi-pin connectors.

I did the drawings in Powerpoint, so if you need them, send me a U2U with your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy that you can modify to suit.

BMW wiring showing X20
BMW wiring showing X20

Final wiring of BMW loom
Final wiring of BMW loom