Board logo

Haynes Shaft Length
Rosco86 - 22/6/15 at 07:34 AM

Im trying to sort some drive shafts for my haynes roadster, ive made the wishbones to the correct length to take standard wishbones

i have a distance when level between the flanges of 490mm and 450mm (100mm bolt on shafts)

the shaft lengths is can find are

520mm
466mm
480mm
508mm

anyone have any ideas?

big_wasa - 22/6/15 at 12:22 PM

From memory there was a cock up on the first edition book. I think you will end up making a set of bones 10mm or so longer or custom shafts.

loggyboy - 22/6/15 at 12:29 PM

I may have set of spacers that could help you.
They fit between hub/upright and bearing carrier. I think you will need to use use push-in shafts as the bolt on stub axle may clash with inner diameter of the spacer.
I had them made up for another reason, to use drums on my striker so the back plates missed the upright, but decided to go with discs instead.

MikeR - 22/6/15 at 06:58 PM

If the OP doesn't want them I could be interested. Could you message me the details?

Rosco86 - 22/6/15 at 07:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
From memory there was a cock up on the first edition book. I think you will end up making a set of bones 10mm or so longer or custom shafts.

The wishbones are correct as I've remade them already

Rosco86 - 22/6/15 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I may have set of spacers that could help you.
They fit between hub/upright and bearing carrier. I think you will need to use use push-in shafts as the bolt on stub axle may clash with inner diameter of the spacer.
I had them made up for another reason, to use drums on my striker so the back plates missed the upright, but decided to go with discs instead.

That's an idea, I think I will be ok but it's a good plan if the shafts bind, just make some aluminium spacers! Cheers

Rosco86 - 22/6/15 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
If the OP doesn't want them I could be interested. Could you message me the details?

Feel free mate