Board logo

Rogue Engineering?
nilocp - 23/9/16 at 05:55 PM

Anyone had anything to do with Rogue Engineering in Doncaster?

I need some shock absorber brackets, but he is not returning my emails!

Colin

Nickp - 23/9/16 at 06:11 PM

There's a few rogues in Donny

chris_smith - 23/9/16 at 06:50 PM

he is very slow at responding to messages/emails, took me a few days to get a final quote for brackets inc postage. he then told me to buy them and not pay so he could send me a new invoice (ebay listing) which he did but took a couple of days, I paid last sunday, Im still waiting for delivery?
i guess it depends how busy he is at any given time as to how quick he turns things around? but id hoped they were a stock item that he carried on the shelf?

ill keep you posted

femster87 - 23/9/16 at 06:57 PM

He is a mate from uni. If you collect it he has stuff in stock. But he is genuine if that what you are asking.

joneh - 23/9/16 at 07:01 PM

Is this the same guy that makes the Haynes bits? Dave I think his name is. I've had a few bits including brackets and plates and they've all been excellent.

I think he's now called Haycos engineering rather than Rogue.

nilocp - 2/10/16 at 04:44 PM

Well I have been away for a week and still no response from this guy!

What a way to run a business

So where can I get sock absorber mounting brackets?

Colin

nilocp - 2/10/16 at 04:54 PM

That was shock absorber mounts

40inches - 2/10/16 at 05:05 PM

This any good? Plazcutz

nilocp - 2/10/16 at 05:10 PM

Probably not thanks. Wanted them bent properly. If I was going to bend the, I might as well do the whole thing!

joneh - 2/10/16 at 06:10 PM

What are the brackets for? I have a set of Haynes brackets I can sell if you're stuck? I think one is welded to a plate though so may have to cut off and clean up.

AJC - 2/10/16 at 08:49 PM

I can get some made up if you're interested?

nilocp - 10/10/16 at 06:03 PM

Yes please. What sort of money?

Any pics showing quality?

AJC - 10/10/16 at 07:24 PM

If you can email me sizes and a quantity I can get back to you. I can do them for the same price as Rogue Engineering. If you can post me pictures of the quality you require I can try to match this.
Cheers AJC

chris_smith - 10/10/16 at 07:25 PM

I eventually got mine from rogue, couple of days late but as you are still searching for someone other than him I came across this on the bay

eBay ntdwm

procomp - 11/10/16 at 10:18 AM

Hi Nick
What size brackets you after. I have 100's of the 1 1/2" - 38mm internal width with 7/16" - 12mm -1/2" holes.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 11/10/16 by procomp]

craigdiver - 12/10/16 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nilocp
Well I have been away for a week and still no response from this guy!

What a way to run a business

Colin

I agree, not professional.

If anyone knows this elusive Dave, please give him a nudge. I ordered and paid on his website haycos.co.uk 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. He has till Friday before I get in touch with his local trading standards.

He may be great at engineering but not much good if he cannot be bothered to reply to his customers.

Craig Campbell