Board logo

light wheels
dave r - 17/10/17 at 04:31 PM

not for a car, but looking for a lightweight pair of wheels- not worried about hub details as that's not finalised yet... what rim/tyre combo comes out lightest.

prefer something standard manufacturer fitted, dont mind alloy or steels
anyone done a comparison ?

rusty nuts - 17/10/17 at 06:13 PM

The lightest I have come across are Citroen C5 wheels, not sure what material they are made of

bi22le - 17/10/17 at 09:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dave r
not for a car, but looking for a lightweight pair of wheels- not worried about hub details as that's not finalised yet... what rim/tyre combo comes out lightest.

prefer something standard manufacturer fitted, dont mind alloy or steels
anyone done a comparison ?

Not for a car? Throw us a bone then!

Skateboard board wheels are pretty light!

loggyboy - 17/10/17 at 11:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
The lightest I have come across are Citroen C5 wheels, not sure what material they are made of

the famed c5 steels, that are alloys, they just look like steels!. Loads get used by pug/citroen boys, but they are pressed not cast, so have always wondered what their lateral load strength would be.
Oz superleggera and ultraleggera are one of the lightest typical alloy wheels without going to magnesium.
But as mentioned... could do with more details of the proposed use if not a car.

Samuele - 18/10/17 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts

the C5 6x15 et18 wheels exist in steel and aluminum. The ones I have weigh 4,6kg. if they paint a nice color they may be fine. OZ wheels actually weigh more and cost a lot, but I'm aesthetically more beautiful.

dave r - 19/10/17 at 03:34 PM

lightweight teardrop caravan
dont want normal trailer wheels

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

Not for a car? Throw us a bone then!

Skateboard board wheels are pretty light!

loggyboy - 19/10/17 at 03:36 PM

Assuming you want small diameter and width, minilites and alike will be best bet.