Board logo

brake problem
t11 - 20/5/18 at 06:30 AM

Good morning all, hear's an interesting brake problem, to start with I have new wilwood calipers mintex pads new disc's with bespoke mounting brackets on triumph up rights all set dead true, wilwood master cylinder with a short metal pipe to a t piece and then from that to each side of the chassis onto a brake hose, under notmal braking it pulls up in a straight line but if you brake hard it will pull to the right the only thing I can say is the metal pipe from the t piece to either side if a difference length, I'am going to replace the flexi hose's today but apart from that I'am at a loss..any idears.......

adithorp - 20/5/18 at 07:38 AM

The relative length of the pipes from the T has no effect. If thr drt up is sd you say then it's most likely not a brake issue and more likely corner weight/geometry.

steve m - 20/5/18 at 08:17 AM

I had a similar problem, and it was the offside castor angle was 8 deg and the nside only 5

steve

jelly head - 20/5/18 at 09:02 AM

As above, i'd have a look at the suspension geometry, the steering angles might be shifting as the weight transfers forward

big-vee-twin - 20/5/18 at 11:41 AM

Pressure in a hydraulic system is equal, pipe length makes no difference.

Could also check that you bled calipers using all 4 nipples on each side bottom first then top.

[Edited on 20/5/18 by big-vee-twin]

davew823 - 20/5/18 at 11:49 AM

If the bleeding does not fits the issue, then look for a restriction in a fitting or hose on the LEFT HAND side. I had the same problem and it ended up being a crimp fitting on a custom made SS brake hose that was restricting flow. davew

t11 - 20/5/18 at 04:00 PM

thanks guys for the comments forgot to say this also happens on the brake machine at work equal up to about 275 and if you put down hard the right goes up to 350 and the left lags behind

mcerd1 - 20/5/18 at 09:07 PM

sticky caliper ?

jacko - 21/5/18 at 05:00 PM

how long have they been like this are they bedded in ?