Board logo

why are some folks using the sierra wheel for the SVA then changing it after?
ewanspence - 16/5/02 at 02:41 PM

why are some folks using the sierra wheel for the SVA then changing it after? What have I missed here, I take it there is something questionable in the SVA manual to do with wheel size or crumplability (is that a word??)

Ta.

stephen_gusterson - 16/5/02 at 02:56 PM

quote:
why are some folks using the sierra wheel for the SVA then changing it after? What have I missed here, I take it there is something questionable in the SVA manual to do with wheel size or crumplability (is that a word??)

Ta.

The SVA manual requires an 'approved' wheel, and does not really say what the approval is except that it needs to be. I THink examples are given that if its from a std car it complies. Also, it has to have some kinda padding and MUST NOT have any slots or holes of stuff for clothing, or jewelry ( Mr T again!) to get caught in.

Its much safer to keep the std wheel and change it afterwards. If you dont, you risk an almost certain fail, or have to buy a wheel you dont want that complies.

atb

Steve

UncleFista - 16/5/02 at 06:04 PM

Not only that, but there are rules concerning dashboard switches etc. (no sticky-outy bits) but the area covered by the wheel is exempt. Sierra wheels are large, therefore a large area of the dash can be made how you wish.

stephen_gusterson - 16/5/02 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Not only that, but there are rules concerning dashboard switches etc. (no sticky-outy bits) but the area covered by the wheel is exempt. Sierra wheels are large, therefore a large area of the dash can be made how you wish.

yeah, but how do i get it to go 6 ins past the gear lever! The bezels to my dials have akinda 'peak' to em and are bound to fail - recon i will have to put something crappy over em for sva - but thats gonna be year end I recon!

atb

steve