Board logo

No stalk controls
Steve Lovelock - 14/11/06 at 10:45 PM

I had the thought of removing the Sierra stalks and using a row of rocker switches instead with the possible exception of an indicator stalk from somewhere like CBS. Only real reason is that I don't like the standard Ford appearance of the Sierra stalks. Any views on this?

ruskino80 - 14/11/06 at 10:50 PM

i changed mine recently to fit paddle shift -works fine put my indicator switchas on my paddles-check pic in my archive.

RazMan - 14/11/06 at 11:52 PM

Do a search on eBay for Chris Strong - he will mod your stalk switches for £30 ish Rescued attachment alloystalks.jpg
Rescued attachment alloystalks.jpg

Danozeman - 15/11/06 at 06:55 AM

Theyr nice but not locost.

I used a rocker switch for my headlamps and kept the sierra indicator stalk. Doesnt look to bad.

U can glue an dalloy shaft into the switch like rays for less money, Im sure someon on here did it.

k33ts.

James - 15/11/06 at 09:03 AM

Just bear in mind one thing....

stalks are extremely easy to use! A lot more convenient than switches. Not having to take your hand off the steering wheel is very useful!

And as for having dash switches... I know of atleast one builder who can't reach them once strapped into his harness!

Cheers,
James

JAG - 15/11/06 at 09:12 AM

My car has all switches on the dash.

The only one I'd change is the indicator - like James said "stalks are extremely easy to use" and I would put the indicators on one if I could be bothered.

I guess that say's it's not a major issue but could be better.

zxrlocost - 15/11/06 at 09:14 AM

Description
Description

all in a days work

Marcus - 15/11/06 at 09:53 AM

Using A Manta column, I only have 1 stalk for the indicators / high beam / wipers (twist) and horn. The lights are on a rotary switch. Much neater than 3 stalks.

Stuart Walker - 15/11/06 at 04:07 PM

All mine are on the dash, no stalks at all. The indicators are on a rotary one (centre off, left / right), the main side and headlight switches on the dash and dip/main on the steering wheel, along with the horn.

I havn't driven with it yet but I can reach them all strapped in the driver's seat.

Cheers

Stuart Walker - 15/11/06 at 04:17 PM

Dash Layout
Dash Layout