Board logo

C20xe fueling questions thottle bodies or not
madrallysport - 14/8/15 at 07:05 AM

Morning all

I'm at the stage now with the car i need to get the engine in and fuelling, at the minute i have a standard c20xe vauxhall engine, with standard ecu and injectors etc, but i'm missing a few parts for it like thottle body, thottle postioning sensor etc.

I was wondering is it possible to run bike thottle bodies set up with the injection system, ive seen a few things via mr google but never any firm results. I was thinking of cutting a stanadrad manifold and attached bike thottle bodies to it, i have a set of GSXR ones from my locost build i never used. Also if this is posible where would i get a TPS sensor, plug and a bit of cable to join in to for the thottle bodies.

Or

Do i convert the car from injection to carbs, can this be done by mounting a distributor or using a mega jolt system?

Really it all comes down to which will be cheaper to do.

Ben_Copeland - 14/8/15 at 01:18 PM

I used to run a Redtop engine with gsxr Tbs using a cut down inlet manifold. Used the tps from the bike tbs.

You won't be able to run with the standard ecu if that's what your thinking.

You'll need megasquirt or omex etc

daniel mason - 14/8/15 at 05:07 PM

Twin webers may be a simpler option!
Most of the open sportscar series at castle Combe run webers on c20xe's and get good power

[Edited on 14/8/15 by daniel mason]

omega 24 v6 - 14/8/15 at 05:18 PM

If you had the throttle body and tps could you use them?? the manifold is a huge curving item and room could be the issue. As to the bodies and tps I may still have a set. But i'd need to have a look in the depths of the storage shed.

laptoprob - 14/8/15 at 07:19 PM

If you have the time and patience then go with bike throttle bodies and aftermarket ecu as it will make for a much nicer drive. Forget the std VX injection and manifold it really no good at all.

Failing having the patience or money i'd go 45's with the Cavalier/Astra dizzy and coil setup from ebay(no ecu required)

madteg - 14/8/15 at 09:13 PM

No diz electronic ignition and bike carbs would be the way i would go.