Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra brake flexi - hose advice
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 25/7/14 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Sierra brake flexi - hose advice

Hi guys, I've got some nice flexi-hoses that were meant for a sierra, and I'd like some opinions on whether they are usable or not.

The front lines seem OK at full lock and full droop (though there's not a massive amount of droop!), and also at full bounce.

The back lines seem OK at full droop, but may struggle at full bounce because they are being bent too much.

What's the opinion, do these look OK or should I fork out for a set of longer hoses?

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/7/14 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
being bent alot isn't the issue, more rubbing or toughing anything, like the tyre etc... (hint : fit the wheel when you check)

Don't like the top one, it's so long it will slap in the wind! You also haven't fitted the steering arm or the head lamp, both look like they could be an issue.

[Edited on 25/7/14 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Badger_McLetcher

posted on 25/7/14 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
The steering arm (I assume you mean the rack) and the headlamp brackets are in place - they are on the other side of the hub though, so shouldn't cause too much of a problem
I've just tried it with a wheel over (I couldn't take pictures as I had no free hands!) and it seems to have OK clearance with 15's. Not too worried about them being too long, I can move the mounting bracket back a bit

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.