Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wishbones
phil clegg

posted on 18/9/14 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
wishbones

I have rose joints on mine,been on four years works fine,i put the cheap McGill e bay joints on with the rubber boots , 1 joint failure only where I damaged a boot,so boots are a must,plenty of adjustment.
whitestu

posted on 18/9/14 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
I've got those joints on mine without boots. When you say the joint failed, what actually broke?

Stu

phil clegg

posted on 18/9/14 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
wishbones

this was supposed to be a reply to the use of rosejointed rear suspension on a Haynes.i have front and rear rosejoints,no actual fails just some wear detected in the one with a split boot,this seems to me like the boots really work.
Lew The Machine

posted on 19/9/14 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phil clegg
this was supposed to be a reply to the use of rosejointed rear suspension on a Haynes.i have front and rear rosejoints,no actual fails just some wear detected in the one with a split boot,this seems to me like the boots really work.

Just spotted that... was that for me?

mc gill it is!

Cheers

ITS FINE! i welded it!

scutter

posted on 19/9/14 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Phil, you still need to put some photos of your car in your photo archive. I'm sure some near you could help. It'll help me through my home improvements and ensure I get back the build.

As for Rose joints I agree, without protection mine showed signs of wear in about 12 months.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phil clegg

posted on 19/9/14 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
photos

as a shed man I have few friends,my wife might put some pics on,i have just removed my twin side pipes[r 1 cans] and replaced with a singal exit,sounds and runs better,depends how far you are with your exaust....
scutter

posted on 20/9/14 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
Side pipes
Side pipes

I'm here with the exhausts, only £200 for parts for both sides, just need the primaries really.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phil clegg

posted on 22/9/14 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
to scutter

search u tube, Ormskirk motorfest,jeffrey Patrick webb,,also Bernie dando and highlights of my first time,,you should find pictures of mine its black and red,,,

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.