Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OBP Pedal Box Brake Bleeding
Barksavon

posted on 7/1/15 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
OBP Pedal Box Brake Bleeding

I am fitting a obp floor mounted pedal box in my Avon. The obp website says to bleed front and back brakes simultaneously, can anyone advise me how to do that. Also with the pedal box in the position described on obp fitting sheet the brake pedal hits the bulkhead panel well before full travel is reached, is there a way round this other than to move the panel further back.
Thanks
Ian

designer

posted on 7/1/15 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Why not give OBP a ring?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 7/1/15 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have the same setup, and could not achieve doing the fronts and back together as it would be a 3 person job,
So i stuck a wedge in to block the circuit i did not work on, (ie took out the push rod)

Once i had a good ish peddle on both circuits re bled them, but together, with wifey in the car and me running round in circles with
the bleed tube

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

rusty nuts

posted on 7/1/15 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect the OBP pedal box is similar to my Luego item , I used a pressure bleeder which allowed me to bleed one circuit at a time . Ended up with a good pedal first time. A Gunsons easibleed works well for less than £20 and will probably save you money by using less fluid to get a good pedal. If the pedal is hitting the bulkhead then either you have excess free play in the master cylinder push rods, air in the system still , incorrect sized or faulty (unlikely)master cylinders , incorrect adjustment on the rear brakes ( drum or disc) or possibly a leak in one or more circuits
Barksavon

posted on 7/1/15 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks,I was thinking I would have to do each circuit separately so it's reassuring to know you have done it the same way. I've not got any fluid in the system yet so will see what the pedal travel is like when its full and bled.👍
Thanks again
Ian

Barksavon

posted on 11/1/15 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Been bleeding brakes today and seemed to struggle a bit with rears. Does the valve thing in the rear brake line which is fitted to reduce the pressure to the rear brakes have to be taken out when separate master cylinders are used for front and rear brakes.
Thanks
Ian

rdodger

posted on 11/1/15 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Yes. The balance bar adjusts the balance front to rear.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.