Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake Pipe 2 to 1
Scuzzle

posted on 20/3/15 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Brake Pipe 2 to 1

I need to fit an adjustable bias valve into my car to tone down my rear discs so was thinking the best way was to take the 2 pipes going to the rear and put them both into a single pipe with the adjustable bias valve fitted and then split them back into 2 again and off to each rear caliper.

My questions are

Is this the best way to go? and if so How do I go about it, is it just a case of buying 2x t-pieces and some brake ends, a couple of feet of brake pipe and the adjustable bias valve, I was thinking of putting the 2 into 1 immediately after they come out of the master cylinder and having the bias valve under the bonnet beside the master cylinder rather than inside the cabin.

will121

posted on 20/3/15 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
are you still running an original type split circuits brake pipe arrangement? if so dont know how successful it would be and a problem may result in total brake failure, i reconfigured mine to separate front and rear circuits rather than diagonal and installed a bias valve

[Edited on 20/3/15 by will121]

Scuzzle

posted on 20/3/15 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Right enough I suppose if the master cylinder failed you could end up braking with just one front wheel. I am using the standard front and rear split at the moment, it's a Mondeo master cylinder with the screw in limiters for the rear brakes which was working great until I fitted 4 pot calipers but now it looks like I need extra biasing adjustment.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.