Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: spring rating
Hodor

posted on 9/5/15 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
spring rating

I have a new-to-me MK Indy with a Vauxhall red top in it. Getting to know it, it's clear that it bottoms out far too easily, with the sump scraping the road at pretty shallow dips in the road. The sump is a big wing and pretty low in its own right. Plus the suspension just feels too soft for me, and ties up with the builder and previous owner being into touring with it.

So I'd like to know what kind of options I have. Change springs (and what would I be looking to buy)? Find a shortened sump?

Any gains to be had in winding the spring up or down on my coilovers?

mark chandler

posted on 10/5/15 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Raising the spring platforms will jack up the cars height, you need to remove the springs you have now and have a look at the poundage (should be scribed on the ends) then increase upon this.

Most sumps get cut down so they are level with the bottom of the gearbox housing, as you have an expensive wide winged sump you may be better selling this on once you have procured a standard sump and reduced its height then spend some money on an accusump to protect against oil surge on those long hard bends.

Regards Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.