Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: splined driveshafts
BenB

posted on 28/8/15 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
splined driveshafts

Is there a reference (similar to the Stan Weiss one on injectors) for driveshafts? Alternatively does anyone know the ID of a freeranger 21 spline front hub? Trying to find a 30mm splined hub to make a 3 part pulley / supercharger adaptor and think the freelander one might be perfect but struggling to get anyone on Ebay to measure one for me. ....
turbodisplay

posted on 28/8/15 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Some propshafts have both male and female spline. That could pussibly be used to your advantage?
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
OliilO

posted on 28/8/15 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Order one from your local motor factors, take it away and measure it, return it afterwards?

[Edited on 28/8/15 by OliilO]

rusty nuts

posted on 29/8/15 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OliilO
Order one from your local motor factors, take it away and measure it, return it afterwards?

[Edited on 28/8/15 by OliilO]

One way of pissing of your local motor factors! they are well within their rights to say specially ordered parts cannot be returned and if they do accept returns to charge a 10% handling fee If you want any information from them try asking.

adithorp

posted on 29/8/15 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
Not front and dont remember the specs' but... I know the Freelander rear CV/shaft is the same as Sierra push-in ones.

If your friendly with your local factor (and don't wee them off) they might be able to look it up. I spent (wasted) much of yesterday trying to trace a Partner van CV that wasn't what it should have been, by comparing spline counts and dia'.

[Edited on 29/8/15 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

BenB

posted on 30/8/15 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry for being slow replying- on holiday with cafe dependent net access. ..Got there in the end! Someone confirmed the bolts are 10mm and the splined hole is about 3* that in the photos. Close enough for me

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.